Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Laptop - 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi ... I  have older hp w2371d monitor, connecting it via vga to hdmi connection to my hp pavillion x360 win 10 15 inch new laptop recently purchased. I found out the usb-c does not support DP, so research suggested try using the laptop hdmi port. So I purchased a new vga-to-hdmi cable for the monitor, connected monitor and still the win 10 does not see nor detect a 2nd monitor. Looked at system, dev mgr, display, options, rebooted laptop, power cycled the w3271d monitor, etc... I cannot get the laptop win 10 to see or recognize the 2nd monitor connection at it's hdmi port.   The only indication i see in Dev Mgr - Monitors listing is a   " Generic PnP Monitor"  .... I am assuming  this is not the x360 latptop 15in monitor.  I did try update driver option for the PnP Monitor ... but still the x360 win10 does not see or detect old monitor as a 2nd screen.  The monitor only gives me the floating box display "Check Video Cable" ... which I know is firmly connected.     Has HP support fielded this issue before and maybe a good fix for me to try?    Or do i give up on the old 17 inch w2371d monitor and toss it out the door?        hope to hear from you,  Howdy21.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

adding extra note, more research shows win 10 dev mgr--monitor--PnP Monitor driver dated 6/21/2006 is the latest, greatest and PnP implies Plug and Play, so this driver on the laptop,  supports any and all monitors, and directly supports the active internal display 1 monitor(Intel(R) UHD Graphics adater) for the laptop... 

HP Recommended

So far, no one has replied with a fix for my issue.  So I am still hoping...      regards, howdy21

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.