cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
howdy21
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

older hp w2371d monitor vga connection to hp pavillion x360 win 10 to the hdmi port not seen at all

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Laptop - 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi ... I  have older hp w2371d monitor, connecting it via vga to hdmi connection to my hp pavillion x360 win 10 15 inch new laptop recently purchased. I found out the usb-c does not support DP, so research suggested try using the laptop hdmi port. So I purchased a new vga-to-hdmi cable for the monitor, connected monitor and still the win 10 does not see nor detect a 2nd monitor. Looked at system, dev mgr, display, options, rebooted laptop, power cycled the w3271d monitor, etc... I cannot get the laptop win 10 to see or recognize the 2nd monitor connection at it's hdmi port.   The only indication i see in Dev Mgr - Monitors listing is a   " Generic PnP Monitor"  .... I am assuming  this is not the x360 latptop 15in monitor.  I did try update driver option for the PnP Monitor ... but still the x360 win10 does not see or detect old monitor as a 2nd screen.  The monitor only gives me the floating box display "Check Video Cable" ... which I know is firmly connected.     Has HP support fielded this issue before and maybe a good fix for me to try?    Or do i give up on the old 17 inch w2371d monitor and toss it out the door?        hope to hear from you,  Howdy21.

2 REPLIES 2
howdy21
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

adding extra note, more research shows win 10 dev mgr--monitor--PnP Monitor driver dated 6/21/2006 is the latest, greatest and PnP implies Plug and Play, so this driver on the laptop,  supports any and all monitors, and directly supports the active internal display 1 monitor(Intel(R) UHD Graphics adater) for the laptop... 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
howdy21
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So far, no one has replied with a fix for my issue.  So I am still hoping...      regards, howdy21

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation