@StrayedAway Seem like you may have a faulty switch, and here are some steps you could use to identify or confirm the issue:
1. (In case you haven't already), check to see if there's something close to your monitor that could be pressed against the menu button.
2. Reset your monitor to factory settings. This can usually be done by opening your monitor's OSD menu and selecting "Reset all Settings." Or, unplug your monitor from your computer and hold the power button for 30 - 60 seconds. This should also reset your screen.
3. Lock the screen. Depending on the source of this problem, locking the screen may keep the OSD menu from appearing. Locking the screen is usually done by holding the menu button for 10 - 15 seconds. A padlock or similar icon may appear once it is locked.
If the problem is the result of a faulty switch, the padlock icon may pop up instead of the OSD menu, but the brightness won't increase anymore.
4. To eliminate the possibility of this issue relating to your computer, unplug the monitor from your computer and see if the OSD menu continues to "pop up". If it does, this could confirm a hardware malfunction!
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Click on "Show Options".
Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!
Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from,
If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.
Riddle_Decipher I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".