Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 27xi
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have an HP Pavilion 27xi hooked up as a second monitor with my iMac (Apple USB-C Digital AV Adapter to HDMI). Everything works perfectly, but when the computer goes to sleep, the iMac screen goes black but the HP screen shows the 3 color rectangle bouncing around the screen with the message "No Signal to Monitor". It's annoying in the dark office at night. Just want it to go to sleep as well.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SJF141430
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

These messages are normal when the computer truly goes into sleep mode or loses the video signal (such as when the computer is turned off). However, if the monitor displays any of these messages when the computer should be displaying video, something is wrong.

When this happens, the display resolution used by Windows has probably been set to a resolution that cannot be used by the monitor.
Use the following steps to see if the monitor can display screens from safe mode:

• Cycle the power on the monitor as follows:

1. Turn off the monitor. The power light on the monitor should be off. Leave the computer turned on.

2. Unplug the power cord.

3. Wait 5 seconds.

4. Plugin the power cord.

5. Press the power button on the monitor to turn on the monitor.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.