Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
omen x25f

the joystick on the back of my monitor has popped out of its socket and is now unusable, how can i fix this? i would like to be able to adjust the volume or change the input

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

turn the monitor around, Take a torch and see if its a cover thats poped off? Maybe you can just pop it back on?

HP Recommended

no, it wont pop back in and i dont want to damage the monitor.. how would that even help? if i am overlooking something simple please explain. i would just like to be able to change the volume. the back of the joystick seems to be damaged where it meets the inside of the monitor. i have tried popping it back in many many many many times. i have tried to buy a remote for this monitor, but apparently hp doesnt sell them, which makes no sense. i cant take it to any kind of repair shop bc none seem to fix monitors. if i were to break the (pos) joystick and push the buttons with a paperclip, how feasible is that? what would be the best way to do so? should i send the monitor back to hp? best buy (where i bought it from) will not fix it. id love to be able to actually use the monitor instead of being stuck on displayport at 50% volume indefinitely. 

HP Recommended

also, along with all those other questions, how do i take the back of the monitor off? if all else fails

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.