Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

I saved my files on Addobe Acrobat DC.  When i send it to anothr place, they said it is pass word protected. how can i solve this problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mesfin1 

This is related to the software used / installed on the computer and not (in particular) the version of Windows or your brand of computer.  For example, PDF security is not related to whether you are running the "latest" version of Windows 10 or to any HP Updates installed on your computer.

The standard (free) version of Adobe Reader DC does not include the Tools > Protect feature.

"Protect" to add / remove document security (passwords / encryption) is available in the "Pro" version of the Adobe Reader DC software.

If you have the Pro version of the Adobe Reader DC software, the following article from Adobe is applicable:

Securing PDFs with passwords

Not your issue?

Use your favorite search engine (for example, Google) to search for answers that are applicable to your situation.

For example, search for keywords / phrase:  protected PDF file adobe reader dc

If the issue is actually a "permission" error on the PDF file, then check the Properties on the particular file.

Open File Explorer

Navigate to the folder in which the PDF files are located

Right-Click on the file > Properties

Control and permissions (read / write) are controlled by ownership and access permissions for the account.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.