Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProLiant MicroServer
Microsoft Windows Server 2019

Dear Community, 🙂

I have in use a HP ProLiant MicroServer, which were installed in the past with Win Server 2008. Everything run fine without issues. Then i installed a new SSD Disk and installed Win Server 2019, with 100% identical settings.

But under 2019 the network don't work. 😞 The message say: "No network cable connected. Please add a network cable."

Netzwerkkabel.PNG

But the cable is connected, and if i reboot from HDD to the old Win Server 2008, then the cable is found. 🙂 Reboot again on SSD with Win 2019, then the cable is not found.

The Windows Device Manager in Win 2019 does find all driver and show no missing driver.

Have you any idea how to fix that issue?

Thank you & kind regards from Germany,

Bernd

HP ProLiant MicroServer  ;  Part Number: 615715-004  ;  PID: 708245-425

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP split into two companies a few years ago.

HP supports PC's, printers, tablets and calculators.

HP Enterprise (HPE) supports servers, switches, routers and tape drives.

You may also want to post your question on the HPE community support forum -- Proliant netservers section...

https://community.hpe.com/t5/proliant-servers-netservers/bd-p/bsc-431#.XtpCeJ6Sm9I

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP split into two companies a few years ago.

HP supports PC's, printers, tablets and calculators.

HP Enterprise (HPE) supports servers, switches, routers and tape drives.

You may also want to post your question on the HPE community support forum -- Proliant netservers section...

https://community.hpe.com/t5/proliant-servers-netservers/bd-p/bsc-431#.XtpCeJ6Sm9I

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your reply, I have one more idea to test, if that doesn't help I will post in the "correct" forum which you linked.

kind regards,

Bernd

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.