Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 550-174ng Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

apologies for a newbie question. I recently installed the BCM4313 mini PCI network adapter in my new desktop. It was advertised as supporting 'InConcert Wi-Fi and Bluetooth coexistence', so I assumed it would provide bluetooth as well as WiFi. The Wifi works great, but there is no sign of bluetooth in the settings. Have I made a mistake? Or do I need more drivers? The card is in a mini PCI to PCIe 1 adapter at the moment. I will transfer it to the mini PCI slot on the motherboard when I get hold of some longer pigtails. It only cost 9 euros, so no great loss. But I would like to get it working if I can. Sorry again for the noob question.

Regards

Matthew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Matthew:

Some of the 4313's have BT, and some don't.

If you don't see the familiar BT icon in the device manager or on the bottom right side of your taskbar, your 4313 is one of those without bluetooth.

Here is the BT driver for that card if you want to try it but I doubt it will make any difference because you should be seeing a generic bluetooth adapter if the card had a BT radio onboard.

This package contains the Broadcom Bluetooth driver for supported models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth Driver is required to enable Broadcom Bluetooth devices.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71995.exe

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi, Matthew:

Some of the 4313's have BT, and some don't.

If you don't see the familiar BT icon in the device manager or on the bottom right side of your taskbar, your 4313 is one of those without bluetooth.

Here is the BT driver for that card if you want to try it but I doubt it will make any difference because you should be seeing a generic bluetooth adapter if the card had a BT radio onboard.

This package contains the Broadcom Bluetooth driver for supported models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth Driver is required to enable Broadcom Bluetooth devices.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71995.exe

HP Recommended
Thanks for the help. Could you recommend a wireless card with the same form factor that DOES have bluetooth?
Cheers
Matt
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

My recommendation if your PC has two wireless antennas connected to the card, would be to get the Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter --  HP Part # 730668-001

This is also a dual band card which will work on both the 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz wireless bands.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

thanks for the advice. I found a WiFi / bluetooth adapter in a shop where I live. Thanks for the advice.

Cheers

Matthew

HP Recommended
I've just tried the link you supplied for the drivers but the page won't load in either Chrome or Firefox.
Cheers
Matt
HP Recommended

Hi, matt:

The link I posted works just fine for me on IE11.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I have been digging around on the forum and found that the PCIe1 - mini PCI card adapter is probably the cause of the problem. I can get rid of it next week when the longer pigtails arrive and I can plug the mini card directly into the motherboard. It's no big deal as I needed the adapter anyway for the antennas and mounting panel, I just have a spare adapter now that I need to sell on Ebay. That said, I'd better not count my chickens before I try this. As for the link, I'm in Austria, so it could be a server problem. Thanks for your time anyway.

Regards 

Matt

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Matt.

Hopefully you will get everything to work.

If you continue to have issues downloading that driver, let me know and I will upload it to my skydrive folder and send you the link to access my folder and you can try downloading it from there.

HP Recommended

It was the adapter that caused the problems. When I plugged the PCIe mini card directly into the motherboard the bluetooth appeared automatically in the Windows setting page. I kept the adapter plate and used it to mount the antennas. Hope others find this thread useful.

Matt

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.