Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 870-213w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The bluetooth and wireless options on my PC don't work. They claim they're running fine, but neither can detect networks or devices. Troubleshooting bluetooth tells me that it turned it on, and nothing changes. Troubleshooting network connections brings nothing.

I've tried reinstalling drivers, deleting the drivers and letting them reinstall themselves, and even completely reinstalling the OS didn't do me any good.

I've had this problem ever since I attached a VIVE wireless adapter card, but even removing that didn't seem to help. I've checked the connections within the PC and all, which seem to be fine.

What else can I do to try and fix the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The wifi card will be laying flat on the motherboard.  Here is a picture of what the motherboard looks like. 

The wifi card will be in the M.2 slot, which is labeled in the picture.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05355651

There will probably be two very thin black cables with gold connectors that are dangling in there somewhere. 

These things are thin and very easy to overlook and detach.

See if you can find them, and hopefully you will just need to reattach them to the wifi card.

Below is a picture of the wifi card your PC has.  You can see where the antenna cables get reattached to.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you do any work inside the PC?

Because it sounds to me like you may have inadvertently detached the thin and delicate antenna cables from the wifi card.

People do it all the time.

HP Recommended

I did a few times, replacing an SSD and putting in a wireless adapter card. It didn't look like the antennae were disconnected, and I think the wifi card was in the front of the computer than I didn't quite know how to access. Are they reattachable, or is it just broken?

HP Recommended

The wifi card will be laying flat on the motherboard.  Here is a picture of what the motherboard looks like. 

The wifi card will be in the M.2 slot, which is labeled in the picture.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05355651

There will probably be two very thin black cables with gold connectors that are dangling in there somewhere. 

These things are thin and very easy to overlook and detach.

See if you can find them, and hopefully you will just need to reattach them to the wifi card.

Below is a picture of the wifi card your PC has.  You can see where the antenna cables get reattached to.

HP Recommended

I went in there and fixed it. Thanks, but you should have warned me what a pain in the ass it was gonna be!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

LOL :generic:

No doubt you will be more circumspect when working inside your PC in the future.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.