Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-2000a (2Z6E2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I have wireless Logitech wireless keyboard, K850, which continually disconnects the Bluetooth connection.  It probably drops 10 times during a 3 hour usage.  Anyone know how to make this more reliable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have only used "1"  but I suspect you are correct about the order.

Wi-Fi & Bluetooth all use the really busy 2.4ghz band  BUT there is a difference.

Bluetooth technology was developed using a technique called frequency hopping (lookup Hedy Lamarr) and I suspect the Wi-Fi and the "Unified Receiver" have a different technology.  All I found about the "Unified Receiver" was it was proprietary.   You might try Bluetooth for the keyboard & mouse to your PC TG01-2000a and avoid Wi-Fi.

Alternately try switching your system to the 5ghz if not already on there.  If you have a smartphone or Android tablet you can run a signal strength app that shows which channels are clear.   The last time I checked the iPhone iOS did not permit apps to access Wi-Fi drivers directly like Android.

Some ideas for switching band.  May not apply depending on what country you are in.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have Win11 and that same K850 keyboard and have worn out the lettering on 5 keys.  

I assume you have the latest bios for windows 9-19-2021

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-2000a/2100367769...

Did you install the new blue driver?

BeemerBiker_0-1643384419540.png

I recently replaced the batteries but even then I have not had nearly the problem you describe.  My BlueTooth is 4.1, not nearly the latest.  Check your device driver and ensure that the box {X} "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is not checked for the Bluetooth device.

Good Luck

HP Recommended

Thank you, I have updated every driver and it still hasn't seemed to improve.  I do find it easier to just turn the keyboard off and on instead of trying to let it connect on its own.  But, it still disconnects

HP Recommended

I could be your signal is being blocked.  Googleing I read the following

When a Bluetooth device is in contact with another wireless device using the same band, the signal can be blocked. Metal objects and electrical equipment emitting strong RFs can also interfere with Bluetooth or block it entirely.

The MK850 can be used with USB unifying receiver (Wi-Fi) or Blue-Tooth.  Try the Wi-Fi dongle.

The white keys [1,2,3] allow different channels (I could be mistaken) so you might want to select '2" and connect and see if that helps.  If so, please post back here.

HP Recommended

I tried to connect to 3 because 2 is used for another device.  But, I can't get it to connect to 3 because it is already on 1.  It seems you need to have to use them in order and must have a 1.  I already was using the dongle.  I don't use it as bluetooth.

HP Recommended

I have only used "1"  but I suspect you are correct about the order.

Wi-Fi & Bluetooth all use the really busy 2.4ghz band  BUT there is a difference.

Bluetooth technology was developed using a technique called frequency hopping (lookup Hedy Lamarr) and I suspect the Wi-Fi and the "Unified Receiver" have a different technology.  All I found about the "Unified Receiver" was it was proprietary.   You might try Bluetooth for the keyboard & mouse to your PC TG01-2000a and avoid Wi-Fi.

Alternately try switching your system to the 5ghz if not already on there.  If you have a smartphone or Android tablet you can run a signal strength app that shows which channels are clear.   The last time I checked the iPhone iOS did not permit apps to access Wi-Fi drivers directly like Android.

Some ideas for switching band.  May not apply depending on what country you are in.

HP Recommended

I changed the connection mode to use the bluetooth instead of their dongle.  I will be watching, but for the last day it hasn't disconnected.  Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

I just wanted to say thank you, switching it to use bluetooth instead of the dongle seems to have worked.  Keyboard hasn't turned off once, before it was 3-4 times an hour.  The only thing I notice is when PC boots up, I get a keyboard error but it still boots up.  Must be that when it happens, bluetooth isn't on yet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.