Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-In-One 24-b016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bluetooth disappeared from Device Manager.  Tried HP Assistant - no luck. Tried to update BIOS and drivers as suggested but find multiple choices and I don't know which is correct.  How can I get my Bluetooth back?

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

@Squarehead42 

Your machine uses Intel 3165 WiFi card. Please download and re-install the following Intel Bluetooth Driver (Windows 10) software

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84001-84500/sp84411.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same issue - Device Manager has no references to Bluetooth, scanning for new hardware doesn't pick this up.

I have a Pavilion All-in-One 24-b209na.

Could you confirm if the recommended fix resolves the issue, and if so what drivers I need to install on this machine?

Thanks,

Mark

HP Recommended

I have tried installing this several times with no luck.  Intel's website shows a newer version (March 2019) that it recommends installing but no luck - my Device Manager still shows a driver dated Dec. 2018. Is a Windows Reset in my future?

HP Recommended

Submitted a support request to Intel.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

HP Recommended

Well I've tried just about everything...

- setting BIOS back to factory defaults

- used Intel Driver and Support assistant to set to latest driver

- reinstalled Bluetooth driver using HP Recovery Manager

- installed driver from HP Support site, Intel Bluetooth Driver (Windows 10) 20.20.0.5 Rev.B

Still no sign in Device Manager.

Anything else you can suggest I try?

Thanks, Mark

HP Recommended

Heard back from Intel customaer support.  They want to do a remote session and a "wireless clean install" of the unit.  Will post the results.

HP Recommended

How did you get on Squarehead42 - did you get your Bluetooth back yet?

Thanks, Mark

HP Recommended

Sorry for the delay.

Intel tried to install the driver update to 20.xxxxx from 18.xxxxx without success. Taking your suggestion that Windows update may be the cause, I tried to do a System Restore.  All my previous restore points are gone; only have 4/5/19 and 4/9/19, both of which are useless.  Also, my Windows update history is confusing.  Still looking for the Windows 10 Creator update to try to revert back to previous version.

Also, I found an Intel driver update to 19.xxxxx from 18.xxxxx which I installed.  No luck with restoring Bluetooth with that.

I'm kind of tied up with some personal things right now so it may be a few days before I can give this any serious attention. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update - HP Support, can you provide any guidance?

Thanks, Mark

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.