Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-a010 (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there, I've been having problems with my bluetooth functionality for what couldn't be more than a year. It's at least been several months, I know that for sure. 

My problem is that my computer has bluetooth functionality, I've used it before and there's the option for it in settings, but the ability to turn it on and off has disappeared. I can't connect any new devices, and the bluetooth helper that at least was in settings cause I can't find it anymore, told me that my computer does not have bluetooth functionality. I got my computer in 2017 from Best Buy, and I don't think there are any other big issues I'm having with it. 

I've tried downloading driver after driver, the ones from hp's website for this specific computer, and from intel, with nothing changing. I uninstalled the bluetooth drivers, and since this problem has been going on for months I have restarted my computer and shut it down many times. I contacted intel's customer support but had no luck, they told me to try asking here. I can't get a seem to find a direct line with customer support, so I'm asking here. I recently got bluetooth headphones, and play games using bluetooth controllers, so I'd really love to get this working again. Maybe there's a driver I missed? 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You might want to see if you have wifi turned on . Mine quit and when I connected to wifi it started working again. I also had to make sure that airplane mode was turned off. If you are still having problems you can go to Microsoft support website at

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/windows-10-fix-bluetooth-problems. A lot of things to try.

HP Recommended

Yes, I have wifi turned on. I have tried multiple connections, and the rest of the time I have the ethernet connection from my router. I've already tried everything on that page. I have restarted my computer, checked airplane mode, reinstalled every driver I could try and find and nothing has worked. There is no bluetooth option in the device manager, because I uninstalled it hoping it would reinstall, so I can't do anything in the device manager. I've run the extensive system checks on my computer as suggested in this thread https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-has-stopped-working/td-p/767... and everything passed. Please don't reply to me with a solution like, "make sure airplane mode is off" cause I've already tried all that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.