Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1446s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Bluetooth stopped working, I can't find any solutions. On startup I get an error saying;

"The procedure entry point ?SetOnHSPCallStatusChangeCallback@CWBtAPI@@QEAA?AW4WBtRc@@P6AXPEAXJJJJPEB_W@Z0@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe"

This has started happening since a few months ago and my PC can't see any Bluetooth devices anymore. I am using Windows 10 (10.0.14393 / Build 14393). I have tried to reinstall my Bluetooth drivers via. the auto reinstall on Windows 10 as well as trying to use your guys' driver software for Bluetooth (Incorrect Windows version when I try to install your drivers). A full PC software reset also yielded nothing. I had made no changes to my PC around the time it stopped working.

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Masahiiri,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have tried the steps suggested and still having the issue with the Bluetooth not working. I would suggest here is to please try to perform a Microsoft Push button recovery from this link:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289   it usually does not cause you to lose data.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you perform a System recovery using the partition available on your PC.  Doing this will wipe off everything and set the computer back to the factory conditions. If you have any important data, I would recommend you go ahead and backup all your data before initiating system recovery.

HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)

If for some reason the recovery fails. The only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hey there! @TanmanG, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand Bluetooth on your PC has stopped functioning.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Uninstall the Bluetooth driver from device manager on your PC and install the latest driver using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Please try the steps recommended below.

press Win + R,” type services.msc and then press the Enter key on your keyboard.

find the service “Bluetooth Support Service” and see it if is running. 

If the service is not running, right-click on it and then select the “Start” option.

If you want to, you can also make the service start automatically at every Windows startup. To do that, right-click on the service and then select the “Properties” option.

In the Properties window select the option “Automatic” from the Startup Type drop-down menu, and then click on the “OK” button to save the changes.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot Bluetooth issues with your laptop.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.

I hope you have a great day!

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@MrRobot Thank you for the help! Unfortunately the issue still persists... :Crying: Do you happen to know of any other possible solutions?

HP Recommended

@TanmanG, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Is the Bluetooth module getting listed in device manager?

Please update the BIOS and Bluetooth drivers on your PC and check if it helps.

First, uninstall the Bluetooth drivers from device manager and install the Bluetooth driver from the link below.

Link to update the Bluetooth driver.

Also, update the BIOS using this link.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have exactly same problem. The error message is the same.

Did you get any solution to this error. Your help would be welcome.

Please help me!

HP Recommended

Hi @Masahiiri,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. It is a great site for information and questions. I have read your post about the Bluetooth module not working for about a month now. I am happy to help you with this issue!

Please perform a hard reset first.

. Steps to do it:

• Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery.
  • Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
  • Replace the battery and reconnect the charger.

Please visit this link to perform a system restore. Link: http://bit.ly/2cfpLg0

Please perform the step “Restore your computer when Windows starts normally” from the link. Please make sure to restore your computer before the issue cropped up.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you try to uninstall all the drivers for bluetooth and Wireless card drivers and then restart the PC.

I would suggest here is to update the Bios, Chipset and Wireless card drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot Bluetooth issues with your laptop.

Please respond to this post with the results of the troubleshooting for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Jeet!

Unfortunately I am not getting any progress with my troubleshooting.

I tried all your tricks but unfortunately with no help.

Still the same message: ?SetOnHSPCallStatusChangeCallback@CWBtAPI@@QEAA?AW4WBtRc@@P6AXPEAXJJJJPEB_W@Z0@Z

Can you get any idea from that message where to look for more details.

I tried to restore to previous configuration but with no success.

I am running out of ideas.

Thank You in advance

Masahiiri

HP Recommended

Hi @Masahiiri,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have tried the steps suggested and still having the issue with the Bluetooth not working. I would suggest here is to please try to perform a Microsoft Push button recovery from this link:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289   it usually does not cause you to lose data.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you perform a System recovery using the partition available on your PC.  Doing this will wipe off everything and set the computer back to the factory conditions. If you have any important data, I would recommend you go ahead and backup all your data before initiating system recovery.

HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)

If for some reason the recovery fails. The only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Jeet!

Thank you very much for your help.

Now everything works !!!

I had to reinstall bluetooth drivers once again before it started to work.

Strange but first time install was not enough.

I used both times same drivers (most recent version) but after second install everything started to work.

Thanks again.

Best wishes to you

Masahiiri

HP Recommended

@Masahiiri

Thank you for the replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad we could contribute towards identifying and leading you towards the solution to this concern.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know that @Jeet_singh worked as your lucking charm 😉

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.