Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-b225na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please can someone help. I have been using a mouse via bluetooth without any issues until 2 days ago, when it stopped pairing, and it seems that I no longer have bluetooth capability on my PC. 

In Settings > Devices, it tells me that bluetooth is turned off, but there is no toggle button to turn it on. In Device Manager, I have the driver Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R), and Windows is telling me this is the most up to date driver. I have tried to uninstall, but it makes no difference after a restart. I don't know if this is related, but when I enable the device, Device Manager keeps refreshing every 2 seconds, but when I disable this stops. 

I have recently completed the Windows 10 update, so I thought this could be why, so I completed a system restore yesterday, which made no difference.  

I have tried to download another bluetooth driver but this hasn't worked either. 

I have run out of ideas, please help!

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Type :"Bluetooth" into the windows search box and verify that it is enabled

for example

BeemerBiker_0-1666192312783.png

Is there a yellow alert icon (error or warning) in the device manager?

If so, you may need the following driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98001-98500/sp98235.exe

I have found that when the battery goes out on my mouse the system does not recognized the new mouse. It is still looking for the "old" one.   have to delete the old mouse and then add the "new" mouse.

If you see the mouse listed then delete it and try adding it back.  This is considered to be a Windows "feature" and not a bug.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hi BeemerBiker

Thanks for your post. The issue I have is that I don't even have Bluetooth as an option. There is no toggle on/off button. It just states that bluetooth is turned off and no option to turn it back on: 

Becky_B_0-1666340014468.png

It's like the drivers have disappeared, but Windows is telling me that I have the most up to date drivers!

Becky_B_1-1666340162539.png

Any more ideas?

Thanks 

HP Recommended

Bring up the device manager and look for any error alerts (yellow icons)

There should be two entries for the Bluetooth compoinent

BeemerBiker_0-1666382690621.png

and in the "Network Adapters"

BeemerBiker_1-1666382748453.png

The actual will have a name such as Realtek or Qualcomm or Atheros

Make sure there are no problems listed.  Also, look and see if you can roll back the driver.  

The below image shows there is NO rollback as it is grayed out

BeemerBiker_2-1666382933534.png

[edit]  maybe a bios problem?

Please check the BIOS setup. If the BIOS shows bluetooth is  disabled then enable it.

If it shows as enabled then disable it and then re-enable it.  

HP Recommended

Currently the Bluetooth driver is disabled. If I enable it, Device Manager refreshes every 2 seconds or so, but it does say that the device is working properly:

Becky_B_0-1666685518318.png

Network adapters are as follows:

Becky_B_1-1666685593392.png

Am I missing something here? 

Can you please help guide me through the BIOS set up? This is new territory for me.

Thank you

HP Recommended

No need to enter the BIOS setup as Bluetooth is listed in the device manager.  if it was disabled in BIOS then it would not be listed in the device manager

@Becky_B wrote:

Currently the Bluetooth driver is disabled. If I enable it, Device Manager refreshes every 2 seconds or so, but it does say that the device is working properly:

What do you mean by "refreshes every two seconds"?

There should be a lot more entries under b Bluetooth, for example

BeemerBiker_0-1666694565045.png

I suspect the wrong driver.

Currently the Bluetooth driver is disabled. If I enable it, 

What was enabled?  The only place to enabled is here that I know of

BeemerBiker_1-1666694643633.png

Do you see something like the above?

I suspect the Bluetooth driver is not working.  There are two drivers possible so I listed both

intel https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp107001-107500/sp107264.exe

realtek https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98001-98500/sp98235.exe

Try the Intel then the Realtek.  BUT FIRST try to roll back the exiting Intel driver

Select "driver" in that Bluetooth dialog box and see if "Rollback" can be clicked.  Note that mine is grayed out in the first post I made.  Is your "rollback" grayed out?

If not, then try both of those drivers.  Possible @Paul_Tikkanen might know of a better driver

HP Recommended

When I go into Device Manager, I see the below (the arrow showing on Intel):

Becky_B_0-1666697384124.png

If I right click and select properties, I get the following telling me it is disabled. 

Becky_B_1-1666697445025.png

After I enable, the list in device manager, constantly flickers or refreshes, so it seems there is an issue when I enable the driver? 

I don't seem to have an option to turn bluetooth on or off, like you have shown in your screen shot

Becky_B_2-1666697790725.png

I attempted the roll back but it hasn't made any difference, only that the name has changed:

Becky_B_3-1666697949908.png

I will try the drivers, but once I have downloaded and installed what do I do? Windows keeps telling me the best driver has already been installed, and it's the previous one. Can I overwrite it? 

HP Recommended

Hi, @Becky_B 

The only suggestion I can offer would be to update the Intel BT driver to the latest version on Intel's website:

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 and Windows 11*

It should install driver version 20.100.10.9 

HP Recommended

If the driver that Paul suggested does not work then try the following

Bring up the device manager and uninstall both the Wi-Fi and the Bluetooth devices, but

do not remove the driver from the system

Then click on 'Scan for new hardware"

If you have an ethernet cable that can connect to your modem then you can select the option of "remove driver from system"

I do not want to have your system off the internet and unable to download a WiFi driver

Have you run the built in diagnostics?  Tap the ESC key after powering on and run at least one pass through all the diagnostics.

Another possibly tool is to look in the event viewer for errors.  Look both in "system" and in "applications" and report any critical errors.  

HP Recommended

Ok, so I have tried your suggestions. I already had the driver that Paul suggested, so I deleted them and reinstalled which has made no difference. I am connected via ethernet so I removed the drivers too. 

I ran the diagnostics as you said, and everything was fine.

I am now looking at Event Viewer and can see the following:

Becky_B_0-1666881570248.png

There are also some warnings and errors under Applications, but I cannot see that these are in relation to the issue. Does this help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.