Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion e9260f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

CSR Bluetooth services are running, but no CSR Bluetooth Radio icon shows in the Device Manager. Neither does the Bluetooth Settings open. The troubleshooter says I have the latest driver. I uninstalled the driver, but when I rebooted, it did not get installed. How do I enable Bluetooth?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@lesterb64

I just checked the Desktop Specifications for the HP Pavilion Elite e9260f Desktop PC and you are right. 😊

Your Computer only has the 802.11 wireless a/b/g/n wireless card and does not come with a Bluetooth 

You can refer to the specifications in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01892903

Keep me posted if you need further assistance

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@lesterb64

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and I would like to help 

May I know since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant and it will look for all the latest drivers for your computer

Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

If the issue persists, try a System Restore to an earlier time before the issue started

Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/ie-en/document/c01835735 for help in restoring your computer to an earlier date 

Keep me posted

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi KrazyToad - HP Support Assistant did not help me. It referred me to an online chat person who referred me to HP support for a fee. Must I pay for the information or can the forum tell me what to do?

HP Recommended

@lesterb64

Thanks for keeping me posted

Did you click on My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook panel after running HPSA?

Also have you tried the System Restore to an earlier time before the issue started?

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did try system restore, but it did not help. I don't think my oldest backup is old enough to have the BT.  I got the latest Windows Update while the HPSA was running, so all my updates are up-to-date. After I uninstalled Bluetooth, shouldn't the PC re-install the drivers upon reboot? And, why are all my BT services still running?

HP Recommended

I forgot to mention the first time I ran HPSA it listed Bluetooth driver, and said it was not installed successfully with a code 31. That is why I thought if I uninstalled, the PC would re-install, but that did not happen. That is where I am now.

HP Recommended

I think I erred in a basic assumption - I assumed my computer came with Bluetooth loaded at the factory. I believe I am wrong. Am I correct? Is Bluetooth a third party software on my computer? I foud a CSR Bluetooth CD from Kensington for a remote mouse. I installed this sooftware, but did not see the Bluetooth icon in device manager.

HP Recommended

@lesterb64

I just checked the Desktop Specifications for the HP Pavilion Elite e9260f Desktop PC and you are right. 😊

Your Computer only has the 802.11 wireless a/b/g/n wireless card and does not come with a Bluetooth 

You can refer to the specifications in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01892903

Keep me posted if you need further assistance

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.