Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bluetooth service missing in Device Manager. How do I enable it? or anything else for that matter.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

There isn't much info on that product number in the parts list.

HP PartSurfer

However, 90% of HP Elitedesk PC's do not come with built in wifi or Bluetooth hardware.

HP Recommended

You're correct. Not much help available - that's why I trying an HP expert.

HP Recommended

I bought an HP bluetooth USB adapter to add BT - it doesn't

HP Recommended

What model BT adapter did you buy?

Did you install the Bluetooth drivers for it?

I did a google search for HP Bluetooth adapter and all I could find is an old HP BT 2.0 adapter, and I highly doubt that would work with W10.

Amazon.com: HP bt500 - Network adapter - USB - Bluetooth 2.0 EDR ( Q6273A#1H9 😞 Computers & Accesso...

You need a USB BT 4.0 or 5.0 adapter for it to work on W10.

HP Recommended

Thanks for doing the additional "digging". SO the question remains. how do I add BT? 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unplug the USB BT adapter you installed.

The first thing to do is to confirm that your PC did not come with built in wifi and bluetooth.

Go to the device manager.  Click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category.

If your PC came with built in wifi and bluetooth, there will be a certain model wifi adapter listed along with the Intel® I219LM Ethernet adapter.

If there is, let me know what model wifi adapter it is.

If not, then your PC is one of the many that didn't come with built in wifi and bluetooth.

I recommend this model USB BT adapter, which should work just fine with your PC...

Amazon.com: Bluetooth Adapter for PC,Techkey USB Mini Bluetooth 5.0 EDR Dongle for Computer Desktop ...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.