Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I work with a pair of HP ProDesk 400 G3 Mini desktops with Windows 10 Pro (fantastic systems). I recently upgraded them to Windows 10 April Update (v1803) from v1709. I happened to notice that there was no Bluetooth entry in Device Manager although the wireless card (Intel Dual Band Wireless N 7260) supposedly supports it. I was not sure if Bluetooth existed prior to the Windows 10 upgrade as we were not using any Bluetooth devices before now but may be using them in the future. I am wondering what might be the issue and how I could correct it.

Thanks,

JohnD

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Here is the Bluetooth driver for your HP 400 G3.

You may also want to check if your Bios is up to date, the latest version is 2.16A

All drivers are located here.

HP Recommended

Thanks. I suspected that was the appropriate driver. I will give it a try. The boxes are just over a year old. Apparently the driver must have never been installed. One of the boxes has the latest BIOS (2.16) installed. It did that in the middle of a Windows 10 cumulative update which left me a little concerned. I must update the other box. I might as well update the wireless driver as well.

JohnD

HP Recommended

Hi John,

Good to see the driver was missing.

Sometimes, Windows incremental updates are the cause of messed up or missing drivers.

Just to be safe, you might want to check and update the chipset drivers as well.

HP Recommended

I got back to the systems yesterday and installed the BIOS update on the one with an older version first and then installed the Bluetooth driver. Still is not showing. I am at a loss at this point.

JohnD

HP Recommended

Have you tried the steps mentioned here to see if there's actually a bluetooth device availabe?

You may also check your system preferences (BIOS) to see if the device is active. 

At (re)booting you press F10 to enter the setup.

HP Recommended

There is nothing showing in Device Manager for Bluetooth so there is no way I can change settings. BIOS has Bluetooth enabled from what I can tell. This is a rather new BIOS which is a little more difficult to interpret.

JohnD

HP Recommended

The bluetooth device on the 800 G3 is a Intel WLAN/Bluetooth combo device.

It should be visible in Windows Device Manager.

A few things to try:

- Try "search for hardware changes"

- Try to add the driver manually

- Check Windows 10 settings > especially the last 2 steps in this document.

- Download and install this: HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI 6.5.0.0 Rev.A, Oct 2, 2017.

HP Recommended

I just found out there are actually 2 different bluetooth devices for the 800 G3, an Intel as well as a Realtek device.

So you might want to try both from this link.

Don't forget to first manually uninstall and delete the old device driver before installing a new one.

Windows features a tool to check and show your hardware configuration:

In the Windows Search Bar type msinfo32 and press enter > go to Network > Adapter, and check if there are any bluetooth devices listed.

HP Recommended

Apparently, you have got the Intel Dual Band Wireless N 7260 card installed, so you might try this recently updated driver from the Intel website.

I would advise to download  and install the driver without the Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software, as indicated on that page.

This package: Windows 10 64-bit: WiFi_20.50.0_Driver64_Win10.zip

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.