Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-6c29-wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I updated my Windows to windows 10 and am unable to find bluetooth since. I tried to install it through the 'Add legacy software' option in the device manager, but it doesn't get installed. The request just times out. I am also unable to locate the proper driver for my laptop. Laptop specifiactions are: 

Model - HP Pavilion dv6-6c29-wm

AMD A6 APU 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Aditi_S,

Welcome to HP Support Forums!

I see from your post that you're having issues with the bluetooth not working on your HP Pavilion DV6 notebook after the recent Windows 10 update. No worries, I'll be glad to assist you

After reviewing your post thoroughly, I did go through the software and driver download page and found that there are drivers available only for windows 7 and Windows 8. Unfortunately there are no drivers available for Windows 10. 

In this scenario, If you want to continue using Windows 10, then you would need to rely on Windows generic drivers (Windows update) or you can try to download and install the drivers using HP Support Assistant.

To download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

For more assistance, please follow this link: HP PCs - Troubleshooting a Bluetooth Connection

If you wish you can try to revert back to the original Operating system that was shipped with the PC. In order to do that you would need to reinstall the Operating system using the recovery media which you would have created soon after purchase of this PC or if you don't have one, then you would need to contact our HP phone support to order one. 

You can reach out HP support team on www.hp.com/contacthp

Please follow the instructions and I'm sure they should be able to go ahead and address your issue. 

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.
And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.