Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power 580-104np
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bluetooth stopped working overnight and I've gone through 2 pages of google tutorials about this already but nothing works. Wifi is also not picking up anything

For some reason the HP site detects my computer but show 0 drivers so at this point I'm not even sure I'm running the right one...  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kutusov It hasn't detected the network card or it would have run a test on it too, that said, we seem to be dealing with a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Kutusov Greetings from the HP Community!

Here are a few steps that should help resolve the issue:

1) Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter
Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & Security  > Troubleshoot . Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth, select Run the troubleshooter, and follow the instructions.

2) Uninstall the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager

If you don't see the Bluetooth icon, but Bluetooth does appear in Device Manager, try uninstalling the Bluetooth adapter, shutting down your PC, and triggering an automatic driver reinstall:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
  2. In Device Manager, select Bluetooth. Press and hold (or right-click) the Bluetooth adapter name (which may include the word “radio”), and select Uninstall device.
  3. Select the Start  button, then select Power  > Shut down.
  4. After your device shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Windows will try to reinstall the driver. 
  5. If Windows doesn't reinstall the driver automatically, open Device Manager and select Action > Scan for hardware changes

If the issue persists, update the wireless card and BIOS drivers from the HP website: click here to find and install the same.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying!

1) Step one ends with the troubleshooting saying "Problems found: Check  bluetooth radio status - fixed". Bluetooth stays the same... searches and searches for active devices and doesn't find a single one (bluetooth mouse, powered speakers, cellphone).

2) Bluetooth adaptor does show up in device manager without any issues signalled. I was able to uninstall it,  PC reinstalled it after powering down but the same behaviour as above. 

I can't update Bios or wireless card from the site or HP Support Assistant, both identify my PC correctly but neither will give me a single download. There just isn't anything on the download page, just something about ordering a recovery pen drive Untitled.jpg 

I should add that at this point I'm beginning to think something is wrong with the hardware. Just today I began having problems with my wireless keyboard, it would take about 20 seconds to register an input. Reinstalled drivers and everything but only changing the receiver to my hub immediately solved the issue. Some USB ports seem to be compromised. 

I should also add that problems began with randomly not powering up or freezing  out of nowhere with blue screens. Tilting the PC case seemed to be the only way to boot up. I suspected of PSU issues and changed it. Have been having a lot less problems powering up (just failed a couple of times but it took a lot of tries to boot it up)...  

HP Recommended

@Kutusov Going by your descriptive response, the best way to identify the cause of the failure and confirm if this is a hardware malfunction is to perform an extensive hardware test using the below steps:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ran the test and everything came up as "Passed" except:

System board Check - Not available. 

I did run the test individually for that component  and got:

PCI read device: not available

Memory: Passed

Onboard video: Not available

Audio: Passed 

USB: Passed

I also ran all the tests for every component available and everything showed up as "passed".  

HP Recommended

@Kutusov It hasn't detected the network card or it would have run a test on it too, that said, we seem to be dealing with a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, I'll do that. PC is still under warranty. Many thanks! 

HP Recommended

@Kutusov The pleasure is all mine,

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.