Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this laptop in febuary 2016, and have had no problems. i recently obtained headphones i wanted to connect via bluetooth, to find that i cant find bluetooth anywhere on my laptop. i know it was included when i bought the laptop, but now i have no way of retreiving it. ive tried accessing it thru administrator profile, restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers suggestedby HP for my laptop, nothing works! serial number: [Personal Information Removed] product number: K8Y43AV can someone please show me how to fix this?!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you are sure that the notebook has the RTL8188ee wifi card, then your notebook does not come with built in bluetooth networking.

The only Realtek wifi card that has bluetooth which the 15z-ab000 CTO model series came with, is the RTL8723BE wifi card.

There is nothing to fix.

If you want bluetooth networking, you would have to replace the RTL 8188EE wireless card with the Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 Combo Adapter    HP Part # 792610-005, or purchase an external USB bluetooth adapter.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Bluetooth networking is dependent upon the model wifi card your notebook has.

Please post the full name and model number of the wifi card your notebook comes with.

If you don't know that info offhand, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

HP Recommended
It's a realtek wireless lan rtl8188ee something along those lines my computer is restarting and I don't have access to the exact name right now
HP Recommended

If you are sure that the notebook has the RTL8188ee wifi card, then your notebook does not come with built in bluetooth networking.

The only Realtek wifi card that has bluetooth which the 15z-ab000 CTO model series came with, is the RTL8723BE wifi card.

There is nothing to fix.

If you want bluetooth networking, you would have to replace the RTL 8188EE wireless card with the Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 Combo Adapter    HP Part # 792610-005, or purchase an external USB bluetooth adapter.

HP Recommended
Darn I could've sworn I had purchased it with the other card.....neither is mentioned looking at my receipt for when I "built" the laptop for my order...thank you for clearing it up tho
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.