Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion h8-1070uk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can you pleasse help

I can't see any bluetooth do I have

Keith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know what you need to do in order for the bluetooth to work.

Windows 10 should have installed the Broadcom bluetooth driver for the adapter.

It is normal for you to see the local area connection, network cable unplugged if you are not connected by wire.

As long as the wireless network adapter is working, you can ignore that other message.

The only suggestion I can offer regarding the bluetooth, would be to try the W10 bluetooth driver directly from Broadcom or get it from your bluetooth device manufacturer's website.

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/

You want the WIDCOMM® Bluetooth Windows® Software for Windows 10 & 8, 64-Bit 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi, Keith:

Below is the link to the product specs page for your PC.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-HPE-h8-Desktop-PC-series/5080764/model/5136787/docum...

It does not come with built in bluetooth networking or that feature would have been listed under the networking specifications.

The easiest thing to do to add bluetooth networking on your PC would be to purchase an external USB Bluetooth adapter.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul_Tikkanen

Thank you for the info, I've connection a bluetooth dongle, called BCM920702 Bluetooth 4.0, but its not woorking in the

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections say's: bluetooth not connected, also local aera connection: network cable unplugged. My broadband is wireless, i've never used a cable, so I am very confused

Keith.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know what you need to do in order for the bluetooth to work.

Windows 10 should have installed the Broadcom bluetooth driver for the adapter.

It is normal for you to see the local area connection, network cable unplugged if you are not connected by wire.

As long as the wireless network adapter is working, you can ignore that other message.

The only suggestion I can offer regarding the bluetooth, would be to try the W10 bluetooth driver directly from Broadcom or get it from your bluetooth device manufacturer's website.

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/

You want the WIDCOMM® Bluetooth Windows® Software for Windows 10 & 8, 64-Bit 

HP Recommended

Hi  Paul_Tikkanen,

Thank you.

I've just downloaded and installed Widcomm software.

I'll let you know the outcome. In the mean time thank you for your help

Regards

Keith

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Keith.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Good news Bluettoth now working

Thanks to your help

Regards

Keith

HP Recommended

Anytime, Keith.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Regards,

Paul

HP Recommended

Similar question:

How do I know if I have Bluetooth?  When I run the "word" (Bluetooth) - it comes up that I do not have a bluetooth device connected.  I run windows 7 on my H/P i5.  I am having wired speaker problems, and thus I would like to find and use a single speaker (which is loud and clear for my bad ears), but I wish to connect the soon to be acquired with no wires at all.  Can I use a bluetooth speaker and know that it will work? or do I need to do something so that the speaker will work?  thanks very much for your assistance and guidance.

HP Recommended

Hi @rustyinvegas,

Good day. Welcome to the HP Community 🙂  Hope you are doing well.  🙂  I understand that you require assistance regarding the Bluetooth feature being present on the computer. I’ll be delighted to assist you with this.

Fabulous analysis.  Terrific diagnosis of the issue as well before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 It is paramount to address this for you. We definitely value your relation with HP and it is a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Please provide the complete model# of the computer along with the operating system?
  • Have you tried to check in control panel or device manager if Bluetooth is present on the computer or not?

For now, these links will help you locate the product specifications of the computer: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01961011

Link 2: http://support.hp.com/lv-en/document/c01961011

• If the Bluetooth module is present it will display in the product specifications. It could be a Combo card that has both the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth modules built on a single chip.

• If it reports only Wi-Fi and does not display Bluetooth then, Bluetooth is not present on your computer.

• Don’t worry. You could procure a Bluetooth USB dongle for a song. It is very cost effective and extremely portable.  Then plug it to one of the USB ports of your computer and then connect to any blue tooth device that you want to connect with.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.