Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Wave 600-a010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased the HP pavillion wave decktop PC with the core intel 5, Product #X6F61AA#ABA.

I bought it from "Best Buy" in part because it advertised hooking up & playting music directly from your phone (Iphone6) in my case. http://bestbuystage.liveclicker.com/?v=1265357246

Nobody at HP or Best buy knows if its supposed to be able to accomplish this task. It hooks up to the blue tooth of my phone & the computer but no sound. Is this supposed to work? I have already taken 1 computer back becaue this function didnt work, My 2nd computer isnt doing it either.

Thanks for anybody's help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RG522

Thank you for replying,

I understand your concern and I did some research, unfortunately, according to this review by a 3rd party critic: Click here to watch it's been confirmed that the feature is not available.

Although considering the fact that the ad shared by Bestbuy is suggesting otherwise, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @RG522, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you brought a new pavilion wave desktop PC and you have issues syncing Bluetooth with your iPhone.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Try few steps recommended below to connect Bluetooth on your PC.

Before you can use a Bluetooth device, you must establish a Bluetooth connection.
1. Type Bluetooth in the taskbar search box, and then select Bluetooth and other devices settings.
2. Turn on Bluetooth, if it is not already turned on.
3. Select your device from the list, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

NOTE: If the device requires verification, a pairing code is displayed. On the device you are adding, follow the
on-screen instructions to verify that the code on your device matches the pairing code. For more information,
refer to the documentation provided with the device.
NOTE: If your device does not appear in the list, be sure that Bluetooth on that device is turned on. Some
devices may have additional requirements; refer to the documentation provided with the device.

Refer the PC user guide to know more information.

Note: Refer page number 9 for more information.

Also, refer this article to know more information about setting up your Pavilion PC.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank yoy for intending to help. I am able to set up the blue tooth connection, however i am not able to play music or sound from my Iphone^ to the HP pavillion wave computer. Is this possible.

HP Recommended

@RG522

It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I'm afraid what you are intending to do, is not a feature supported by any computer,

The Bluetooth connections work as an output to external speakers, they do not have an option to play audio from an external source as such.

I hope that answers your query.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

FYI "Best Buy" advertises your HP pavillion wave computer as a one that can play music wirelessly from your phone & have the sound come out of the speaker. This is false advertising

HP Recommended

@RG522

Thank you for replying,

I understand your concern and I did some research, unfortunately, according to this review by a 3rd party critic: Click here to watch it's been confirmed that the feature is not available.

Although considering the fact that the ad shared by Bestbuy is suggesting otherwise, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.