Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 700-200 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A while ago my desktop's bulit in bluetooth stoped working and a few months later I noticed that the wifi also stoped working, possible at the same time since I was using ethernet before. I don't know if they stoped working after an update or just out of nowhere. According to my computer and troubleshooters, they are working fine and the drivers are up to date. When I try to connect with either of them, my computer lets me search for devices and networks just fine, but it never finds anything to connect to.  My phone has no probelms finding connections in the same place and I've been able to use a wifi usb dongle to connect to wifi, so it's not a signal strength problem.  Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

Below is a picture of all of my wireless and bluetooth drivers and all of them are up to date

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I managed to fix the problem! While I was looking inside my computer to see if there was any visible damage to the boradcom card, I noticed two wires that came out of the top of the comuter case. I suspected these were antennas, and what do you know! two empty coresponding ports on my broadcom card. I reconected them and both my wifi and bluetooth are working perfectly. The connections are very weak so I guess I accidentally poped them out when I was upgrading some of my hardware.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @msb64x ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below:

Re-start the computer, keep tapping F2, and run a component test with network and let me know the results. 🙂

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response, I ran a component test on the network and it gave the following message;

UEFI Networking does not appear to be supported or enabled on the system. Please check the BIOS settings to make sure UEFI network option ROMs are enabled and the UEFI network boot is enabled.

HP Recommended

Hi @msb64x ,

Thank you for responding,It's great to have you back 😉

If that's the case, I'd request you to contact HP's phone support team for further assistance.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/ 

Enter Product number or select to auto detect* Scroll down to "Still need help?

Complete the form to select your contact options"* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi Barachiel,

I did some digging and was able to run that component test by changing from legacy bios boot to UEFI. The results say that the Network test passed and the component test passed.

I think I also have done more info on the problem, both my wireless and Bluetooth are able to occasionally find connections like my wifi and Bluetooth speakers, but the signal seems very weak and they can't connect. Is there some sort of antenna inside the computer that could be the problem?
HP Recommended

I managed to fix the problem! While I was looking inside my computer to see if there was any visible damage to the boradcom card, I noticed two wires that came out of the top of the comuter case. I suspected these were antennas, and what do you know! two empty coresponding ports on my broadcom card. I reconected them and both my wifi and bluetooth are working perfectly. The connections are very weak so I guess I accidentally poped them out when I was upgrading some of my hardware.

HP Recommended

Hi @msb64x ,

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.