cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
JagV12
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Button playing on wireless mouse MG-0856

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I have a HP wireless mouse, model No. MG-0856, on which the left mouse button has become temperamental recently, which is probably just due to dirt on the contacts. I can hear the click sound but the object is not selected (no switch contact) or a "double click" occurred (rebound probably due to dirt or oxidation).

As the warranty is over, how do I go about taking the mouse apart so I can gain access to the microswitch ? I removed the screw in the battery compartment but it didn't help. Is there a hidden screw somewhere or do I have to use some force ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JagV12
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, the original message was not clear (copy paste error among others). It's been edited now. It is not a software or optical problem. It's the left button switch that needs to be cleaned or replaced. Once I have removed the screw in the battery compartment, how do I open the mouse case to access that switch ? (Hidden screw ? Plastic hooks ?)

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Ryan1216
Level 4
Level 4
133 7 9 23
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi JagV12,

I understand you are having some difficulties with your mouse. While I admit I don't know a great deal about your specific mouse, I thought the following support doc might be helpful, Troubleshooting Mouse Problems (Windows 😎. Take a look at the "The mouse pointer stops moving periodically, only moves in one direction, or moves erratically" section. It has some cleaning instructions you might want to try. Seeing a shot of your mouse, it looks you have the similar LED bulb that, if cleaned as suggested in this doc, might solve your problem. Give it a shot and let me know. Best of luck to you. Have a great day.

Ryan1216
I work on behalf of HP

The advice and opinions given here are my own and not those of HP
JagV12
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, the original message was not clear (copy paste error among others). It's been edited now. It is not a software or optical problem. It's the left button switch that needs to be cleaned or replaced. Once I have removed the screw in the battery compartment, how do I open the mouse case to access that switch ? (Hidden screw ? Plastic hooks ?)

Thanks.

GRUNTH0S
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Late reply to an old thread, however:

There are 4 more screws hidden under the 3 low-friction pads on the base of the mouse. Onnce these have been removed, the case gently unpeels from the bottom to a "hingy" bit at the top (button) end.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation