Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0067c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In short, my WLAN and LAN connections are not working correctly even though the IP address and gateway addresses look completely fine.  I am working in an office that is separate from our main house by about 100 yards where our main Router is located.  We use a network bridge and router in the office to re-create the WLAN in the office for a stronger local signal.  I can see this newly generated network and I can in fact connect to it, but it gives me the status of "No Internet, Secured."  Now, I know that the network is not the issue because I have four other machines connected to it just fine and they have perfect and fast internet connections.  What's really weird is my desktop can connect to the WLAN being generated at the house, but they are very weak as expected because of the long distance so this will not suffice, but obviously the WLAN adapter seems to be working.  Also, when plugging an ethernet cable directly into the router that is connected to the network bridge, I receive the same "No Internet, Secured" message.  I have tried EVERYTHING recommended on the support page all the way to re-installing the drivers from online, but I have not re-formatted the OS yet because this machine was purchased 2 weeks ago and should not be having these issues.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

Is the network bridge a true bridge and giving out/ working on exactly the same IP range?

It's not working on 192.168.1.xxx while your home network is 192.168.0.xxx?

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-and-manage-network-bridge-connection-windows-10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.