Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Prodesk 600 G4, Default Computer Name - (EH07R8L)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just got my new Pro Desk 600 G4 SFF desktop, and it was advertised as having Bluetooth, WI-FI (or WAN) as well as LAN (LAN is working).  Now I started by going to windows update and ran two different update sessions (I started off at Windows 10 Pro 180something, not sure what) the second bout of updates did the upgrade to 1909, but have yet to see any Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi (I have tried clicking on the "connect" icon but with no success. Just says turn your Bluetooth on. Tried a "cold " restart, that didn't help. I did download a Bluetooth driver in hopes that it would work. Got the driver from the HP support page,  it was the Intel Bluetooth driver 21.70.0.3 Rev.A dated Feb 27 2020. It was installed at C:\SWSetup\SP 101769 with the help of the HP download and install assistant. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I plan on calling the vendor today to see if they can help, but not sure if that will produce any results. By the way, the network card is listed as Intel (R) Ethernet Connection (7) 1219-LM and is the only network card listed in the device manager. I did look in my update history and it says (1) feature update to 1909 and (1) driver update (Synaptics Media driver) which is strange cause I did 2 update sessions so far. Help please, I need my Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. I specifically got this unit partially for these attributes. Got a late start but have been up all night, so I'll catch a few zzzz's and check back before I call the vendor. Thank You so much (in advance) for any help I can get! Hope I did not get shorted some hardware!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry our messages / responses have crossed
Have you contacted your seller?
I had read the answer, but I did not understand everything (translation!?), And I therefore did not take that as proof that the WIFI is present!
If it is an M2 card, look at the document here, it should be visible!

HP ProDesk 600 and 680 G4 Microtower PCs - Motherboard Viewer
17. M.2 WLAN socket

Hardware Reference Guide

Maintenance and Service Guide

Annotation 2020-06-17 170339.png

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello
can you give the P / n product number of this computer?

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support
Not sure to find, with this type of product, there are many possible configurations, but sometimes it is not precise.
Either the computer is not equipped, or there is a problem with the network card, or Windows may be!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for your interest in helping me. The product number is:4HP17UT#ABA    I found an HP document that describes features for this model and form factor (ProDesk 600 G4 SFF Business PC). It describes the ports and what is what on the outside and inside. It describes as follows for what I believe to be the pertinent hardware: (2) M.2 (1 as M.2 2230 socket for WLAN/BT and 1 as M.2 2280/2230 Socket for storage. I did not notice an external antenna by the way, and I did open the case to look inside. I did see what looked like an integrated card in the shape very similar to a RAM stick, just smaller and a little skinnier laying on it's side, and integrated into the MB with no discernable pins like on other card types. Funny thing about it was it hanged off the side of the board a bit (about 1.25"-1.5") and was held up by a screw strut where it extended beyond the board. it was not facing towards the back of the case but to the side, so it's not for some external connection. I've updated a few of the bios and uefi or something like that (I know that's wrong) drivers using the support assistant, but still no BT or Wi-Fi. I thought maybe if the card is integrated it might have been what was needed but no luck. By the way, bought from New Egg, and it was fulfilled by Deal King out of Oregon I think (at least that was the shipping origin). Thanks again for your interest in helping me, I really appreciate it. Still have not slept yet, I would like to get this solved before I do if possible. Here is the link to the product page where I bought it :  https://www.newegg.com/mr/04038120B7F38A57A4643FBC6DBDC9BB/1D2A00C18EA2D722440B9DA26098B0C5A4A375895...

HP Recommended

Looked under system info and under network and it expands into 3 sub sources: Adapter - Protocol - Winsock. Under Protocol, I found many entries, 2 of which said Bluetooth in brackets at the end of their name. But currently under connectionless service, they both say no. In fact under most entries it says no. but under max address size it says 30 bytes and min address size also says 30 bytes. there are a few entries where there is a yes, about 3, but the rest say no. The other entries are there too, and I am fairly certain that the hardware is present. You know I really hate when these vendors leave it to their customers to update their purchases, it's not very good service, but I guess you get what you pay for. HP computers are known for their cheapness!

HP Recommended

so I expected it, indeed the HP page does not give a precise model:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-prodesk-600-g4-microtower-pc/21341167/model/21341168/documen...

M.2 PCIe x1 2230 (for WLAN)

Intel 9560 802.11ac 2x2 with Bluetooth M.2 Combo Card vPro
Intel 9560 802.11ac 2x2 with Bluetooth M.2 Combo Card non-vPro
Realtek RTL8821BE 802.11ac 2x2 with Bluetooth M.2 Combo Card
Realtek RTL8723CE 802.11ac 1x1 with Bluetooth M.2 Combo Card

On the other hand, I am not sure, but with the product number I found two models on the net (not searched beyond it is long) ..

And there is no mention of wifi!
If there is a card it must be visible in the M2 slot
Contact your seller!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Sorry, I didn't notice you were using a translator. The computer is an HP Pro Desk 600 G4 Small Form Factor. Product Number is: 4HP17UT#ABA            Here is a link to the vendors page that I purchased it from : https://www.newegg.com/mr/04038120B7F38A57A4643FBC6DBDC9BB/1D2A00C18EA2D722440B9DA26098B0C5A4A375895...

HP Recommended

If you are able to read my other posts, you will see I found hard evidence that the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is there. I was able to find the information by going to system information and looking under network, then expanding and there was three sub menus, adapter - protocol - winsock. I was able to see the hardware under the protocol tab, but the hardware is not functioning at the moment. If you can help me, I would be grateful. I am going to call the vendor now, to see if I can get any help from them. Thanks, I appreciate your time and help.

HP Recommended

Sorry our messages / responses have crossed
Have you contacted your seller?
I had read the answer, but I did not understand everything (translation!?), And I therefore did not take that as proof that the WIFI is present!
If it is an M2 card, look at the document here, it should be visible!

HP ProDesk 600 and 680 G4 Microtower PCs - Motherboard Viewer
17. M.2 WLAN socket

Hardware Reference Guide

Maintenance and Service Guide

Annotation 2020-06-17 170339.png

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

hp prodesk 600 G4 M-2 2230 wlan-bt.jpg So I finally was able to determine that the vendor did not include the wlan/bt card as it was advertised as having. I am going to have to buy a card, and they will reimburse me for the purchase. The only problem is there is no spacer or screw to hold down the card, nor is there any antennas available. Would you happen to know a good place to find this stuff? I want to thank you for your persistent help with my issue. I really appreciate your time and effort helping me solve my issue. Sorry for the delayed response, as I had to deal with the vendor a bit before they agreed to reimburse me for the cost of the network card. They wanted me to send the computer back for a refund, I told them that was not going to work. They advertised the computer as having this hardware, I paid for it, they needed to get me my hardware. So after dealing with numerous people, and threatening the Better Business Bureau on them, they decided to stand by their word as far as what they had advertised what they had for sale.   

HP Recommended

Hello
sorry, i don't know if this is a problem with the notifications, but some answers miss me!
I just noticed by chance that you answered ..
You're welcome , thank you, it is a great pleasure to try to help the poor souls in distress
Unfortunately, no, I have never made this type of purchase, maybe it is sometimes supplied with the card.
If the pc is not equipped with origin, it is necessary that the manufacturer, provide what is necessary, it may depend on the models!
Be well!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.