Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion a6212n PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cant find my network adapter in divice management. I tried to hit view hidden and still nothing. Please email me at [personal info removed] or msg me at [personal info removed] on solutions. I am on a friends pc and my pc cant connect to internet and idk why. Please help

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion a6212n PC (2007 , 13 year old PC,  scrap it?) core2 is no good. 945 chip set wow. old.

Pentium E2140 old and weak CORE2 DUO.

IS this  some relic OLD PC,  A series is.

it has Ethernet new. Integrated 10/100 Base-T networking interface(slug net)

that takes  a wired cable to work and w10 driver do not support this old PC, as is the case  on all super old PC.

how did w10 get here?

there is no WIFI unless you add it and only w10 supported

there can be new WIFI card added easy in any desktop for w10 full speed and is plug in play.

or try to make HP win 7 driver for this NIC work

do to that (checken & egg) trick is to get it at your support page,  hp.com and copy it to usb stick mem.

then move stick to dead PC (NIC) and install it using W10 compatibility mode w7 to 10.

there is no other way unless you get wifi working first the do the upgrade to the ethernet chip that way.

we called that for years SNEAKerNET.

NIC DEAD THERE  makes plug and play dead,

so the cure is get internet up  via  the driver from PC 2 to yours, via USB drive.  see?

or buy 2 cards, one wifi one new ethernet and use that,  vast persons have, for sure 1gigablit NIC card. and wifi 802.11AC

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

@Blitzmark999 

Given this was days ago, I guess you never got this working.

We are a peer-to-peer forum and have no means of messaging or emailing customers -- this forum is our means of making contact.

If you are still working this issue, then reply to this thread and I will try to provide some help.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.