Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion gaming TG01-0685no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. So yesterday i opened my pc, and tried to search something from google, but i had no internet. I tried to connect to our wifi but it says that there is no available wifi metworks. Other devices can connect to the wifi but my pc cant. I did troubleshooting and it said that i need an ethernet cable??? I have had this pc for about 6 months and never used an ethernet cable. It always worked with wireless connection. But now it just says i need ethernet cable. I cant connect my phone to my pc either with a charger wire. I got it working after i resetted my windows, but now again after i turned it on the same problem occurred. Please help me i have tried many things 😧

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Have you tried My Computer -> Properties. Find the WIFI adapter and right-click -> uninstall. Reboot the machine and it should find it again.

HP Recommended

I also had the same problem... And used ur solution but again the network was lost after half hour and again I had to uninstall and reinstall the driver. This is happening continuously. Please tell me the solution. 

HP Recommended

I suspect a bad wifi card then. If you are under warranty you have it replaced. Otherwise you would have to buy a new card. Did you select to also remove the drivers when you uninstalled? There is a checkbox. You can then download the latest drivers from HP and install and then try to reboot.

HP Recommended

I can't find my computer, only settings and no WiFi as a choice under internet.

HP Recommended

Look at the picture. Right-click on "computer" and choose "properties" 

https://www.linglom.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Display-My-Computer-Icon-on-Windows-Desktop-11.pn...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.