Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just downloaded a recommended update for Windows 10. After the update downlaoded, every time i start my computer it say's compatibility assistant This app is not working correctly try reinstalling Check Point Virtual Network Adapter For SSL Network Extender. Why do i keep getting this notification? I have no problem getting on the internet. I have a modem and a router that are working fine with all my devices. I am using an ethernet cord , nothing has changed besides this recomended update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just figured i would try Device manager and double clicked network adapters and searched for updates. It updated and now I do not get that notification any longer. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@petecarr12, welcome to the forum.

I suggest going into Windows Update settings / Update history / Uninstall updates and delete the latest update.  When this is done reboot the system.  This should solve your problem if the latest update actually caused the problem.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I just figured i would try Device manager and double clicked network adapters and searched for updates. It updated and now I do not get that notification any longer. 

HP Recommended

Good for you!!  I am glad that you solved your own problem.  I update my drivers using the Device Manager at least once per month.  This way I know exactly which updates have been done without any doubts.

HP Recommended

Thank you and ty for responding to me.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @petecarr12.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.