Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
4CI4370NY7
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My computer suddenly stopped connecting to any networks yesterday. Not only that, but no networks were appearing no matter what I tried, and when I tried to look for info on my IP, everything was blank. I tried every step, but nothing worked. I went into advanced startup to see what the problem was, and I believe I've found it.

Under network components, I got the 24 digit failure code: "60EG4C 7AC9GT 9XJ17F 8004O3" Knowing this is a hardware failure, I'm guessing i'm pretty out of luck. Any idea on to what this failure code means?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, those 24 character error codes rarely produce meaningful information.

The translation of the specific code you received is "Failed."

That doesn't tell you a whole lot.  It doesn't even tell me if it is a wifi card failure or ethernet adapter failure.

The fact that you lost the connection for no reason and you got the code, pretty much does indicate a hardware failure.

The wifi card can be easily replaced.

Since the ethernet is onboard, the motherboard would have to be replaced.

If the ethernet adapter failed, the easiest thing to do would be to purchase an external USB to RJ-45 ethernet adapter.

They are cheap and should have no compatibity issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.