topsyt
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Computer crashes every time it pairs to a bluetooth speaker

HP Recommended
M01-F0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just bought this computer 2 days ago and tried to pair to a Bluetooth speaker (which pairs to other computers, phone, etc ...).  The computer crashes every time with a System Thread Exception Not Handled in RTKA2dp.sys.

I went into device manager and tried to update all of the Bluetooth related drivers.  Also ran Bluetooth troubleshooting.

Also tried disabling the Realtek devices associated with plug-in speakers.

None of these items helped any.

2 REPLIES 2
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,293 119,470 19,521 29,830
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you try this Realtek Bluetooth driver?

1.7.1021.3000       Dec 6, 2019

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100501-101000/sp100556.exe

Fix and enhancements:
- Fixes an issue where a Bluetooth mouse paired to the system does not function properly after the Bluetooth speaker/headset is changed to the HFP profile.
- Fixes an issue on a system connected to a Bluetooth mouse which causes an error symbol (yellow bang) to be displayed after the system is idle for a period of time.
- Enhances WLAN/Bluetooth coexistence.

0 Kudos
topsyt
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I updated the driver and checked that it matched the version.  Tried it again, same thing, crashed.  I tried a different Bluetooth spkr and a Bluetooth headset, both of those worked properly. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation