Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy All in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy All in one Pc 27-b0XX.  It was purchased through Hp.com on 12/27. Everything worked great until 1/20. All of a sudden the wifi stopped working. I started with troubleshooting the router then established that this unit was the issue. Whether hard wired or using wifi, the connection says connected, secured. But then it's really not connected and it never comes back.

I talked to HP Support on the phone and started a case number. We tried to uninstall the router information from the device manager and it would work for a few minutes after a restart. We tried this many times. Finally, we were forced to do a factory reset. That worked for four hours. I reinstalled all of my software and optimized my settings and at 8pm last night the connection stopped again.

I have now done a second factory reset and have not added any software or changed any settings. This is my last attempt at a factory reset before I ship it back. I cannot waste 4 hours setting up the computer and then having the same issue again.

Other computers and devices have no problem connecting to my wifi. The problem is with this device. I'm not adding anything crazy like games or super big files. I use Office 365, a few Adobe programs, Chrome, Slack, Lastpass, Zoom, Crashplan, AVG. I'm not sure it was anything I added that contributed to the failure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @akagorilla

Thank you for posting back.

If you have already followed all the steps in the link provided in my previous post then I recommend you to go ahead with the replacement.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Take care!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @akagorilla

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not maintaining the wireless connection.

I’d love to help!

Follow the below steps to fix this issue.

Open CMD as Admin:  Copy the following commands, and press enter after each one.

netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

netsh int tcp show global  (Check if All settings have taken effect)

Reboot the system and see if it works.

If the issue persists, follow the steps in the below link.

http://hp.care/2c86VnP

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't know how to log on as admin. It shows c:\Users\akago>

HP Recommended

Hi @akagorilla

For accessing the command prompt as administrator, right-click on the Start button in the lower-left corner of the screen and select the Command Prompt (Admin) option from the Power User menu.

NOTE: You can also press the Windows key + X to access this menu.

04_opening_from_win_x_menu

The Administrator: Command Prompt window displays allowing you to run commands with administrative privileges.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Just so I know, what did I just do and how will this help the issue?

HP Recommended

Everything was working and I downloaded several program and now it does not connect again. 

HP Recommended

Hi @akagorilla

I want you to run those commands again and check if it helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Take care!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It did not help. Unable to connect. I'm on hold with Support and preparing to ship it back. I'm not happy I will be without a computer for the next 10-14 days. I bought this computer for my business because my last computer died during the Christmas break. 

HP Recommended

Hi @akagorilla

I recommend you to try the steps in the below document before shipping it back and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2c86VnP

Let me know how it goes.

Take care!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried those steps over the weekend, several times. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.