Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2752 All-In-One
Chrome OS

I have a student apartment with a restricted network and in order to connect to my printer I need the MAC address. There's no sticker on the back of my printer with the address nor can I connect the printer to my laptop to find the MAC address. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ygibobob, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You may obtain the MAC address of the printer by printing a self test page:

On the printer's control panel, press the Wireless button  and the Information button  at the same time.

Both a Network Configuration Page and a Wireless Network Test Report print.

Note: The printers may not work on a guest/open network or a Hotspot. You will have to connect it to a secure/private wireless network.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ygibobob, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You may obtain the MAC address of the printer by printing a self test page:

On the printer's control panel, press the Wireless button  and the Information button  at the same time.

Both a Network Configuration Page and a Wireless Network Test Report print.

Note: The printers may not work on a guest/open network or a Hotspot. You will have to connect it to a secure/private wireless network.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! I finally was able to print out the mac address however, my laptop won't prepare the printer so I can't scan or print anything. On my way to grab a cable so I'll at least be able to print.

HP Recommended

@Ygibobob

As mentioned in my previous post, if you are trying to connect the printer to an open/guest network, it may not work. In this case, using a USB cable would help.

Kindly click here to know how to print from a Chromebook.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.