Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omni 100-5130uk Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a wireless and networking problem in my PC; therefore I reset it to the factory situation but unfortuantely wasn't solved; by mistake, I think that I have deteted the wireless drive; I've tried to reinstall it but I couldn't.

[serial number removed]

P/N XS977EAR

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you believe that you deleted the wifi driver, then below is the link to the latest W7 wifi driver you need for the Ralink wifi adapter your PC comes with...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Ralink wireless LAN Controllers in the supported models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71421.exe

HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for your response but unfortunately it wasn't succefull to install the driver; I don't why.

Is there any other suggestion please?

Thanks again

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If the wifi adapter needs a driver, there will be a device labeled as a Network Controller under an 'Other Devices' category.

If you do not see such a device, most likely it is not a driver issue, but a hardware issue (failed wifi adapter).

HP Recommended

Thanks again

if you have some time, this is the sotry: I was connected to the internet using the wireless connection; one day, I lost the wireless connection, I have reset the windows to the factory picture.

I check the device manager and then I wanted to update the wireless adopter but unfortunatley I deleted.

Since then I am trying to reinstall it but it didn't work.

Do you think it is hardware problem

thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, I do.

If there is no Ralink wifi adapter listed under the Network Adapters device manager category, and there is no Network Controller device listed in the device manager with a little ! mark next to it, then the wifi adapter has most likely died on you.

I think the easiest thing to do if you prefer to use wireless, would be to purchase an external USB wifi adapter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.