Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23-b022a All-in-One Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

My computer has lost it's wifi capability. I have followed lots of troubleshooting guides on this topic already, here's what I know:

- There is no wifi adapter in the list of network adapters under device manager. So I can't uninstall/reinstall or search for updates for this driver.

- Running a troubleshoot/scan for the drivers says that all are up to date

- searching the HP site for available drivers for my model showed no drivers available for my computer. Manually choosing my operating system did not work, as windows 10 was not listed as an option.

I am trying to find the right wireless driver/adapter to download and install.

Could anybody help?

Much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the product specs for your PC, it comes with a Ralink RT5390 wifi adapter.

HP Pavilion 23-b022a All-in-One Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

What has happened to your PC is very commonplace and almost guaranteed to happen with that model wifi card and the newer builds of W10.

The easiest thing to do to remedy the situation would be to purchase a USB wifi adapter.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.