Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP desktop and HP Envy 5646 pr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone

I have a relatively new HP desktopand printer (three months) . They are both connected to a home network and have been working fine. For some reason, the desktop no longer picks up the printer, although both are connected to the network. The printer works fine when printing from an ipad, cofrimimg there are no issues with connection to the network. The printer is not even shown on the list of devices on the network. I have already tried deleting and reconnecting to the network.

Many thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Many thanks for getting back. It was connected wirelessly on a home network. I have just reloaded all the software and it seems to be working again! Not sure what the problem was but it seems to have resolved. Thanks again for the offer of help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

skindocs

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about new problems finding the networked printer and wanted to help -- but need more information.

First of all, we need to know HOW the printer is connected to the PC: USB cable, wired networking, or WiFi?

Second, we need to know HOW you installed the printer?  Did you use the full feature software downloaded from HP and then run the HP installer?  Or did you let Win10 install the printer?

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Many thanks for getting back. It was connected wirelessly on a home network. I have just reloaded all the software and it seems to be working again! Not sure what the problem was but it seems to have resolved. Thanks again for the offer of help.

HP Recommended

its USB cable connection, I installed product new with disc recieved onto pc at the time it was widows 7

windows 10 uploaded and it has worked all this time it is 3 years old never had any isssues until now.

HP Recommended

My new HPENVY7134 printer I have set up with wireless but my HP desktop will not recognise it & my ipad & iPhone keep asking for my printer password, I have tried my wi-fi password & the one shown on the screen of the printer but none of these work. Help please.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.