Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Slimline Model: S5-1050D
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My CPU is somewhat old (8+ years) but works fine. I wanted to try and use a bluetooth headphone but discovered the following.

- Device manager did not have a bluetooth icon

- Settings -> devices -> Bluetooth does not have a toggle to put bluetooth on 

- On troubleshooting the message is "Bluetooth is not available on this device. Please try using an external adapter to add bluetooth capability to this computer)

I bought a bluetooth dongle but despite connecting it the the computer via usb the dongle is not recognized as connected to the just blinks a red light. It seems that no driver gets auto-installed.

I downloaded some drivers from the intel site as well but no impact.

Any suggestions on what I can do to make this work?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The manufacturer of the adapter should have the appropriate drivers for Windows or there should be literature included with the adapter to help with that.

What make and model adapter?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately it was one of those purchases on Amazon that got mailed across from China. Nothing but the adapter included. I was under the impression that the drivers would get loaded automatically but that didn't happen. Any thoughts on how to figure out the appropriate drivers without any literature?

HP Recommended

Assuming that what you got is really a Bluetooth USB dongle, it is just a matter of seeing if Windows knows about it.  Look in Device Manager for a device that has no drivers or is not identified properly.  Then get the Hardware ID and either Google for that or post it here for further help.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.