Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23-Q112 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How you guys doing ? 

It appears that my "HP Pavilion Q-112 All-In-One Desktop" has an
"Integrated Bluetooth 4.0 and Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n featuring 2.4 GHz 1 x 1 technology" built in. 
( Embedded Image Below with URL in Image )

Would any of you guys have any idea why my Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard are not being recognized?,  unless I have a USB connected Bluetooth Transmitter/Adapter being plugged into a USB Port?

Thank You for your input. 
Integrated Bluetooth 4.0 and Wireless LAN 802.11bgn featuring 2.4 GHz 1 x 1 technology.jpg 

Famous Quote
"Those that can not remember their history are "condemned" to repeat it!"
George Santayana - circa 1894
----------------------------------------
"Believe you can!, or...Believe you can't! Either way...you are right!"
The operative word being...Believe.
Chris Perron - circa 1991
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @TroubShooter

The bluetooth radio that is part of the wireless network adapter, does not work the BT KB and Mouse.

Those will only work with the USB receiver that the KB and mouse came with.

The bluetooth radio that is part of the wireless network adapter will work other bluetooth devices that do not come with a special USB receiver, such as bluetooth speakers or your cell phone (provided you turn the BT on in your cell phone).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

+++Deleted+++

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi, @TroubShooter

The bluetooth radio that is part of the wireless network adapter, does not work the BT KB and Mouse.

Those will only work with the USB receiver that the KB and mouse came with.

The bluetooth radio that is part of the wireless network adapter will work other bluetooth devices that do not come with a special USB receiver, such as bluetooth speakers or your cell phone (provided you turn the BT on in your cell phone).

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul_Tikkanen for your direct, concise and succinct reply. 

Best Regards

Chris Perron 

Famous Quote
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Paul, I had never used a BT Keyboard or Mouse until I got the HP Pavilion Q-112 AOI, and it appears you are an HP Expert because you knew it came with the USB BT Transmitter. 
I'm just curious... do you know the technical aspect of why the BT Keyboard and Mouse require a BT Transmitter and my BT Speakers don't? 

Thank You

Chris Perron

Famous Quote
HP Recommended

@TroubShooter

>>> do you know the technical aspect of why the BT Keyboard and Mouse require a BT Transmitter and my BT Speakers don't? 

Real BT mouse or keyboard will work with builtin Bluetooth on your computer. The wireless mouse and keyboard set which comes with you computer use 2.4GHz technology, not BT as mentioed on its specs:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04769586

therefore you simply can't use BT on your machine to connect

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.