Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elitedesk 800 G2 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I have a HP Elitedesk 800 G2 SFF. I'm looking to add a combo WLAN and Bluetooth module.

Something like this -- https://www.amazon.com/Network-PCIE-Wifi-6-Card/dp/B089FCX3C3/

I know there's a PCIex1 slot that will work for the WiFi part.

But I can't make out from the manual if there's a USB header on the motherboard for Bluetooth.

I also know I could use an external USB dongle instead. But I would rather not.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks for this. It is helpful. Few things to note,

1) G2 does not have an SD Card reader. Even if it did, I would want to be able to use it as is, not re-purpose it for Bluetooth.

2) G2 also does not have an M.2 slot. Not sure why the person in the post was trying to use a PCIe slot when an M.2 slot was available in his G4. M.2 is clearly a superior option.

3) This might be the relevant bit for me --

"Regardless of whether you have an internal header or not, the pin header on the card IS a USB connection.

It just means you can't use the Bluetooth unless you either a) connect the card header to an external USB port or b) add in a USB card with an internal header as well."

Connecting to external USB would be clunky. At that point might as well use a dongle. So might have to go with PCIe to internal USB header instead. Though the cost does start to add up.

Anyhow, thank you again.

HP Recommended

Hi - the "solved" link to Spiceworks is not showing what the connection solution is. Can you tell me where the BT cable connects to the motherboard? Many thanks!

HP Recommended

There is no USB header on this motherboard. You could get a PCIe USB header.

HP Recommended

thank you. can you add an image or 2 showing the usb header that is suitable for this motherboard

HP Recommended

The motherboard doesn't matter so long as you have a spare PCIe x1 slot. You could try something like this -- https://www.amazon.com/PCI-Ports-Header-Express-Dual/dp/B07GSQR6D4/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.