Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - 795-0040qd CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

Greetings,

My HP ENVY Desktop - 795-0040qd CTO has started to disconnect from my wired network after two or three minutes. I have to run Windows network diagnostics to get the network connect re-started. HP Support Assistant says it "restarts the adapter." 

Here is where it gets tricky:

1. I have tried numerous things including, rebooting the router, testing and resetting IP settings, checking cables, etc.
  2. In addition, I have added a new network adapter and disabled the old one and there is no change!
  3. Of particular note, other wired computers on the network do not have a problem and everything works perfectly with them.
  4. All drivers have been checked and all updates have been made.

The ONLY change to the computer is that I maxed out the memory on the computer just before this problem started, but extensive memory diagnosis and analysis checks claim the memory is perfectly OK.

Note that the Bluetooth dropped dead over the summer, so I use a USB Adapter and have not have problems.

The common error message is that the default gateway is not available.

Wireless is OK, and that is how I am now connected.

Any help with this problem will be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was also facing this problem 5 or 6 months ago but after updating my window and drivers this problem didn't appear again. In your case, the support team can help you.

Success comes to those who become success conscious.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

A quick update, and I feel a little silly, but there you have it.

Oh a whim I removed the USB Bluetooth dongle and the built-in Bluetooth is now OK.  I don't get it, but I am not complaining.

The network still goes out with "Default gateway not available" so I am still sunk.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Roger

HP Recommended

I was also facing this problem 5 or 6 months ago but after updating my window and drivers this problem didn't appear again. In your case, the support team can help you.

Success comes to those who become success conscious.
HP Recommended

You are soooooooooo correct! The HP community, specifically Paul_Tikkanen, spotted the trouble. A driver for the networking cards had to be updated to a Windows 11 card, which apparently could not be done automatically, and he provided a link to the driver.

I appreciate your message because nobody I spoke to had confronted this issue. The fact that you had faced in and had it solved was, believe it or not, a encouraging.

Thanks!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.