Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear Community, I have aquired a HP 8200 Elite SFF and have begun to update it.  I have read many posts on this board and elsewhere on BIOS flashing with success. While this was going on my Ethernet stopped working.  I did try to uninstall and reinstall the driver software but last attempt caused a freeze during install. 

NIC is Intel 82579LM gigabit network connection.  

BIOS version is jo1-2.24 ( stepped up from 2.06 if you can believe that-no skips).

Driver version is sp59582  17.2_276048 rev A

Also I wonder if I am flashing the BIOS am I also flashing the other device chips like NIC, AUDIO and storage controllers (if not how to do?)

Thank you in advance.

Keep your fingers in the PIE
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello again Dear friends, I have made some progress with this networking problem.  If I look at the big picture where I have a older PC with windows 7 64 bit installed for the BIOS updates.    I flash through several BIOS versions and apply default settings upon reboot as I have learned from Gigabyte forum.  There should not be anything wrong with that method in my opinion.  

I did look at the Drivers I was using and the only time I saw the model number of my NIC was when I read through the readme notes at the download page.  The SP57194 driver does list my NIC in the readme notes as supported and yes its a huge file which is why I may have overlooked it at first.  I also installed some additional software that looked at the NIC and I think another device and reported what it saw (which was not much as it was not set up for any special operation as part of a corporate network)

Which brings Me to the Intel Management Engine firmware device and software.  As I was searching for answers I did see a few people wondering how to update the IME firmware update here->  "Solved: BIOS and Intel Management Engine Firmware update fail on Zbook X360"  Note I could not post a link directly here so I copied the title of the post here on the forums.  This other post has a link to a special HP software checking service and it will tell you which areas need the most attention and it will download and install the driver or firmware for you ----Jaw drops to the floor---wow!!!!

I will report back more tomorrow as its late. Bye Guys

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello again Dear friends, I have made some progress with this networking problem.  If I look at the big picture where I have a older PC with windows 7 64 bit installed for the BIOS updates.    I flash through several BIOS versions and apply default settings upon reboot as I have learned from Gigabyte forum.  There should not be anything wrong with that method in my opinion.  

I did look at the Drivers I was using and the only time I saw the model number of my NIC was when I read through the readme notes at the download page.  The SP57194 driver does list my NIC in the readme notes as supported and yes its a huge file which is why I may have overlooked it at first.  I also installed some additional software that looked at the NIC and I think another device and reported what it saw (which was not much as it was not set up for any special operation as part of a corporate network)

Which brings Me to the Intel Management Engine firmware device and software.  As I was searching for answers I did see a few people wondering how to update the IME firmware update here->  "Solved: BIOS and Intel Management Engine Firmware update fail on Zbook X360"  Note I could not post a link directly here so I copied the title of the post here on the forums.  This other post has a link to a special HP software checking service and it will tell you which areas need the most attention and it will download and install the driver or firmware for you ----Jaw drops to the floor---wow!!!!

I will report back more tomorrow as its late. Bye Guys

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.