Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 1102W Wireless printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

MY HP 1102W printer is currently succesfully connected to my wireless home network.

If I carry out a factory reset on my HP 1102W wireless printer, is the SSID and password in the printer reset, or does it remain as it was before the reset?

If it is reset, to what default values is it reset?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @DAvid_John

I'd go with the #1. 

Also, there are no default values for the printer network. All values will be cleared and the printer will be in a stand alone status, ready to get connected to the network. The SSID & the password will be cleared from the printer memory and you will be required to reconnect the printer. 

You would need to run the printer software again to reconnect the printer to the new network. You can check the detailed instructions here: http://hp.care/2p5tj9P 

Hope that helps! Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @DAvid_John – Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

If you reset your LaserJet printer, it will disconnect the printer from the network and will be ready to be connected to a new network. You will be required to connect the printer to the network again.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

So to clarify:  you are saying that, when I factory reset my HP1102W printer (connected to my wireless network) the SSID and password stored in the printer and used to connect to my network will be:

1. Cleared;
  2. reset to default values of  ---------- and ---------------;
  3. Left unchanged.

I' guessing from what you say that #3 is out, but what about the other two?

Every time my router dies and I get a new one with a new SSID/password, I need a long time on the phone with HP Support to successfully reconnect the printer to this newly named network.  And since your printers outlast routers by a large factor, this problem repeats every few years.

This last time (router totally dead) I found out how to assign the old SSID/ password to the new router;  the printer thinks it's still connected to the old dead network and communicates quite happily...

I'm looking for a backup recovery method, in case the printer looses connection again...

HP Recommended

Hello, @DAvid_John

I'd go with the #1. 

Also, there are no default values for the printer network. All values will be cleared and the printer will be in a stand alone status, ready to get connected to the network. The SSID & the password will be cleared from the printer memory and you will be required to reconnect the printer. 

You would need to run the printer software again to reconnect the printer to the new network. You can check the detailed instructions here: http://hp.care/2p5tj9P 

Hope that helps! Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.