Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-c0000 (2W0J5AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Last month, I spoke with HP Support to get help with the malfunctioning HDMI port on one of our organization's laptops.  After trying many remedies, I was told that I would need to take the laptop to an authorized HP repair center.  This particular laptop was 19 days from warranty expiration and I specifically asked if I needed to take the laptop in to repair prior to the warranty expiration. I was assured that as long as I had a case number prior to the expiration (which I have), all would be covered.  Because of the holidays and a severe winter storm, I didn't make it to the HP repair center (which is about 45 minutes from my house) until January 6.  I checked the laptop in after they tested the HDMI port and found that it was not working, and went on my way.  A week later, I received a call from the HP repair center stating that because my laptop was out of warranty, the repair would not be covered...but they could give me the discounted rate of $1,565 for the repair.  The original price that I paid for the laptop was around $850!   I made another trip to the HP repair center and picked up the laptop.  Since that time, I have reached out to HP Support many times, trying to get in touch with someone who can help.  The phone number provided to me with the original case number sends me to a selection of options that have nothing to do with HP or laptops.  When I selected one of the options, I was told that it was for HP printers and she could only talk to me about printers.  I told her I had a case number, and she could not access it.  I gave her the name of the person who I originally spoke with and she told me she had no way of locating that person.  I wrote a lengthy email as a response to the email from the original support person and have received no response.  I'm frustrated!  How can I get HP support to actually support me?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @BCUW,

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message works, Click Here to learn about it.

Take care and have a nice day.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.