Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-28-2016 04:07 AM
Purchased this computer March 2016 (HP ENVY 27-000A ALL IN ONE) The touch screen is not working properly the curser will not drag from out the top right corner,also the page minimses its self for no reason,When you touch the screen a little circle appears where you touch.I have had to disable the touch screen through device manager to continue ising my PC. I have updated the driver but still no good.Also done reset on the computer still no good,very frustrating.can anyboby help.
10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you're well 🙂
As I understand the touchscreen stopped working after you upgraded to windows 10, don't worry, though, as I have a few steps that should resolve your concern:
First, let's start with performing a hard reset to release any excessive static/power that could have caused the issue:
To perform a hard reset on a computer with a removable battery, use the following steps:
1. Turn off the computer.
2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
5. Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
6. Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
7. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
8. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
9. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
10. After reconnecting each of the peripheral devices, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers.
Second, enable the touch screen driver in Device Manager:
1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2. Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.
3. The touch screen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touch screen device.
4. If the option to enable the device is included in the menu, click Enable.
If the Enable option does not appear in the menu, continue to the next step:
1. Reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager
2. Install Windows updates
3. Update the BIOS and graphics driver
4. Configure the touch display
5. Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI
6. Adjust the power management settings for your touch screen
7. Reset your computer
8. Perform a Microsoft System Restore
9. Perform an HP System Recovery
Click here to know: How to perform each step.
Let me know if those steps worked for you. If they did, that’s awesome! Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers! Good Luck.
11-04-2016 04:19 AM
I have much experience with Touch screens and there issues in my Point of Sale employ.
A small obstruction such as a grain of sand or the like sandwiched between the touch panel and the outer plastic bezel will
hold the cursor in the spot where the obstruction is. If on a good panel you were to press a biro pen on any location of the screen and hold it there you would see how the cursor gravitates to that point regardless where else you touch.
You may have to remove the outer bezel away from the touch panel and clean all around the area.
Hope I have been of help.
11-07-2016 02:46 AM
03-28-2017 03:10 PM
I had the same problem for the Envy also bought in March 2016. It had to go back for repair. The touch screen would keep going back to the right side of the screen making the computer unusable. It has been looked at but it now seems unresponsive on the right hand side. I cannot calibrate it. I am going through the various things to reset the computer so i will let you know.
It does seem a common problem on this model
03-30-2017 09:52 AM
Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums.
I came across your post and would like to help.
Need assistance in fixing the touchscreen issue on the PC. Is that, correct?
I have found a useful article which ideally helps you to fix the issue on your PC.
Hope the solution answers your query. Feel free to reply back for more.
"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.
Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.
04-05-2017 01:32 PM
Hi have been all through the options on the link provided and nothing has solved the problem.
I have now got the latest bios, did the check on startup and this failed as 10 blocks from the right side in every row failed to work. I have also tried every other method in your list. All failed
I do not use the touch screen much but i feel that this product has now failed twice on the touch screen, having been already returned once before.
In 12 months i feel that this product has been a slight let down and well below quality for a premium product. I have also noticed that this product is no longer available for sale suggesting that this may have had other problems.
I suggest that i return the product for repair or pay an additional cost for an upgade to a newer machine.
04-06-2017 12:26 AM
04-06-2017 01:33 PM
Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉
I appreciate your time and efforts,
I understand your concern and considering the circumstances, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.
They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.
Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community