Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Hp Windows Mixed Reality Headset
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.  I have been trying all afternoon to get my mixed reality motion controllers to pair with my pc, and although the third party software I'm using says they are connected the setup for the headset still displays a caution icon and doesn't register the third party bluetooth network.  I never expected bluetooth to be this difficult.

The bluetooth adapter pairs with my phone fine, and streams audio from it, so that's not the issue.  I'm thinking it's a software gllitch of some sort as i uninstalled and reinstalled the Mixed Reality Portal trying to get it to work.  It recognises the Gamepad I was using prior to getting this new bluetooth dongle.  I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out.

The headset works the VR apps works but the motion controllers are kaput.  Any advice would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Problem solved thanks to a suggestion from a friend.  I had to uninstall the third party drivers and software and use auto setup or plug and play to search for windows drivers for the bluetooth dongle.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Problem solved thanks to a suggestion from a friend.  I had to uninstall the third party drivers and software and use auto setup or plug and play to search for windows drivers for the bluetooth dongle.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.