Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G3 Desktop Mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a  HP ProDesk 400 G3 Desktop Mini - I would like to disable the on-board WI-FI adapter from BIOS, but I can´t find the way to do it, can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Soporte_BH,

Thanks for your activity in this forum.  I'll try to help.

I'm wondering if you are wanting to disable the WiFi in order to prevent it from being used instead of your ethernet (wired) connection.  If that is the case, there may be a way you'll prefer that will still make WiFi available for times when you don't have a wired connection, but it will only use WiFi in that case.

To set the priority for your network connections:

Go to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change adapter settings -> The hit Alt to get the menu and choose Advanced -> Advanced Settings.

Then you can re-order your connections in that list.

Although Windows should already automatically prefer your wired over your wireless connection. It chooses what adapter to use based on the lowest interface metric, and a wirelesss connection should have a higher metric than your wired.  You can run the route print command from the DOS prompt to confirm the correct order.

Hopefully  this helps.

-Pappa_D

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi, Pappa, Thanks for your reply, what I need to do is to prevent users to connect to Wi-Fi networks and access the internet. I need to prevent users to connect to wi-fi networks without my interaction.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.