Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Help. I bought 4 HP Pavilion Waves for the office thinking that I would just upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro and connect to our domain, but I've been unable. This is what I did.

• Logged on to the PC
  • Logged on to my Microsoft account
  • Downloaded Windows 10 Pro
  • Installed Windows 10 Pro
  • Changed the IPv4 IP settings in the network card to find our DNS
  • It said "welcome to xxxx domain" - I thought, right on. This is easy.
  • Restarted computer
  • BUT ----> There isn't an option to log on with other user, so it just logs me on to the local user. This is weird. Every other Windows 10 Pro setup that we have allows for Log On Other User.

What do I do? I've looked online for help but I can't find any guidance. Any suggestions? I have 4 of these things sitting on desks... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @jeff_mason - Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that you are having issues while setting up your PC to join the domain account. I am afraid we only support the OEM (HP supplied OS) systems and not the upgrades to Windows 10 pro.

As a personal suggestion, I would suggest you to setup a domain admin account through active directory and check.

Visit us again if you have any concerns! Thank you!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, @jeff_mason - Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that you are having issues while setting up your PC to join the domain account. I am afraid we only support the OEM (HP supplied OS) systems and not the upgrades to Windows 10 pro.

As a personal suggestion, I would suggest you to setup a domain admin account through active directory and check.

Visit us again if you have any concerns! Thank you!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.