Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP deskjet 2655
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

After installing my printer and software, when connecting my printer, my internet disconnects. If I connect my internet, my printer disconnects.  All I want to print from is my laptop.  How can I keep both connected at the same time 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Croe,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP DeskJet 2655 All-in-One Printer wherein it does not connect to the internet and computer at the same time.

This issue could occur if the wi-fi direct is enabled.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

I suggest that you disable the wi-fi direct on the unit and check by following the steps listed below:

1. From the Home screen on the product control panel, touch the Wireless button.

2. Open the following menus:

Wireless Menu

Wireless Direct

On/Off

3. Touch the Off menu item. The product saves the setting and then returns the control panel to the Wireless Direct menu.

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you follow the steps to setup the wireless network by following the link: Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I got the wireless direct turned off, but now there is no connection to the printer. The link you provided did not refer to my printer HP deskjet 2655

HP Recommended

Hi @Croe,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to setup the wireless network for this unit.

Please follow the link: Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.