Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
X7S47UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there! I am having trouble finding my connection on my Hp laptop. I’ve done everything to try and fix it. Ever since I got the newest modem from xfinity WiFi it stopped appearing on my available connections, I don’t know if my computer is too old for it since it is the highest technology internet, but I’m sure there is a way to try and connect. When I had my old modem ( which was the 2018-2019 version) it connected perfectly and I could use my laptop and do my school work properly, but now that I got a new modem I can’t do the things I use to. And this is the only device that can’t connect to my home WiFi, every other device connects fine, and is able to at least see the connection under the nearby WiFi’s. Please help, i need my laptop for my school assignments as soon as possible, thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mooniepie 

I can't find the specs of your machine but looks like its wifi adapter only supports 2.4GHz. Please allow your new wifi modem/router to broadcast Dual Band your machine will see your 2.4GHz network and you can connect.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Oh I see. How do I put my wifi modem/router to broadcast Dual Band? 

HP Recommended

@banhien

Hello, it didn’t do anything, my internet already had a 2.4 and a 5.0 but still doesn’t appear for my laptop. I still am clueless on what to do, but I know their has to be a way to fix this. I’ve done everything, (trouble shooting, restarting pc, I even contacted my internet support) but still nothing worked. It’s because this device is old and cannot connect to newer generation modems, how do I fix that? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.