Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

It now will print from my iPhone but not from my computer. No past problems. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Settings may have changed and the computer may not know it.

Enter "add printer" in the windows search box and have it search for the printer.  If it is found and works then be sure to delete the non-working and set Windows default to use the new one one.  You should also prevent windows from handling the default printer.  Sometimes windows make a poor choice of devices and send large document to a small label printer.

Win11

BeemerBiker_0-1643830753786.png

Win10

BeemerBiker_1-1643830769327.png

You did not mention your computer so I assume windows.  Apple has their own community for help.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Not sure if this applies to you but the 7800 series of photo printers has a firmware updates since just this last December.

discussion here

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-connection-keeps-dropping/m-p...

You might check your firmware version and update.  

go here

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-photo-7800-all-in-one-printer-series/907315...

and change from 7855 to your exact model and OS to see if you have the latest and greatest.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

@BeemerBikerand @Navygm1 

Hello,

Additional information:

Please update the firmware of your HP ENVY Photo 7855 printer (HP ENVY 7800 All-in-On series Printer): The latest version is 2204E (only available by searching via the printer's Web (EWS) page or from its touch screen).

Firmware Version2204E
Built Date2022-01-21

It was released on 02-02-2022 on the ENVY Photo 7800 series printer servers and is not yet available on the product page.

If the printer is connected to the network, try updating the printer firmware as follows (Windows only):

1. On the keyboard, press the Windows and E keys simultaneously. The File Explorer window will open.
  2. On the left side of the File Explorer, click Network.
  3. Right-click on your printer (e.g. HPxxxxx HP ENVY Photo 7800 series) and then click on View device web page. The printer's web interface (EWS) will open.
  4. Click the Tools tab, then expand the Printer Updates section, and then click Firmware Updates.
  5. Click the Check Now button to install the latest version of the printer firmware.

I know this information because I own this HP printer model, the HP ENVY Photo 7830.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

I checked and got the message that my firmware is up to date.  I'll see how it goes.  If not well, I'll just try waking up the printer before sending a print job.

Thank you all for your input.  I learned a few things.

HP Recommended

Make a clarification on the information given in my previous message and you give the information:
This is because once the Web services are activated and the printer is connected to the network, the update is carried out automatically. The printer then restarts automatically to complete the update process.

@Forester4 

Hello,

Do you have the same problem and the same printer as @Navygm1?

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.