Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion P7-1054

I have the pavillion p7-1054 that I did upgrade the cpu/ the power bank to 500watts and a video card  2 years ago.............

I recently got gigabit internet service and noticed that my computer would only go up to 100mbhs        so i purchased a 

3 port PCI express USB 3.0 card that also has a gigabit ethernet port    .....the card does need to be connected to the sata power cords which I have done....

It was working great speeds are up over 300mbhs and the usb 3 slots seemed to be working good    ....then i started getting blue screen power failure messages and system reboot every 10 minutes

Stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE    ????????

when i connected the sata power cord i used the one that was powering something else but it had a continuation leg on it ???  

I currently just disabled the adapter and went back to the original ethernet adapter software for the time being and there is no problem.......HELP>>>>>>>

Im not sure if that matters but I could use some help here  the   PCI express card is a  Startech part#pexusb3sge

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@bigfish28 

This is almost certainly a driver incompatibility issue and since this is not an HP component, we would have no drivers for it.

About all you can do in this situation is go online to the card manufacture site and look for current Win10 drivers, download those and install them.

If that does not fix the issue, then your only recourse would be to return the card and look for a different brand and model.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@bigfish28 

This is almost certainly a driver incompatibility issue and since this is not an HP component, we would have no drivers for it.

About all you can do in this situation is go online to the card manufacture site and look for current Win10 drivers, download those and install them.

If that does not fix the issue, then your only recourse would be to return the card and look for a different brand and model.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I returned the  Startech  Card  and got an intel singal ethernet card for 1000    gigabit srvice and computer liked it and found hardware automatically and it works great and I am flying hi on the internet now .... Thanks for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.